Support

Open search

Gear s3 won't automatically reconnect to bluetooth when back in range.

Do this :
Close Bluetooth
Settings
Application manager
Select Bluetooth app
Force stop it
Clear cache
Switch on Bluetooth
Thank you MSQ! Finally a solution to a nagging problem. S8+ and GS3 Frontier are now on speaking terms again.
Apprentice

Thanks!

Whatever the software team did seems to have resolved the issue after the latest updates (of Samsung Gear on Android OS I believe). My watch connects to my phone automatically all the time now via Bluetooth.

Highlighted
CarolinaW Moderator

We're glad you're all sorted now. :robothappy:

First Poster

What software version do you have.  I have an ATT S3 with Tizen 2.3.2.3 and I still have this problem.  Yesterday I had to do factory reset 3 times to get it to connect to bluetooth on the phone.  On reconnect, it would leave the LT in place and connect to headphone.  Of course that did not work.  

Do I have  a different problem?

First Poster
Update
The watch started to reconnect to S7 automatically about 1 month ago. Not sure why. Don't think it was related to Gear 3 update. Also, just changed to S8 and watch connects every time. All very mysterious..
Explorer

Still the same with the latest updates, Gear S3 fully reset also after firmware and app updates.

Apprentice

I've been doing some tests for the last month and at least for now the problem is gone; every time I get near the phone (oneplus 5) it will connect in 2 minutes. I really don't know if it's TASKER or Samsung work it out, and francly I'm not going to turn TASKER off. For me, nor connecting it's enough to sell the S3

First Poster
Same for me. STill have the S7 but it's been working for about a month
Observer

Same here with Fronier and Note-8

Top Liked Authors