Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear s3 won't automatically reconnect to bluetooth when back in range.

(Topic created on: 24-04-2017 07:59 AM)
Chris_N
Student
Options

Hello wonder if you can help.

I have just purchased a Gear s3 and I have it paired and connected to my iPhone 6. The watch works perfect until I become out of Bluetooth range and thus my watch will lose connection, which is as expected. The problem comes when I’m back in Bluetooth range i.e. back with my phone the gear s3 will not automatically reconnect like other devices I have left it 30mins plus and it still won’t automatically reconnect. I have to manually keep turning Bluetooth on and off on both the watch and phone and then clicking on both the Bluetooth connections on my phone (Gear S3(DC10) & Gear S3(DC10) LE) to try and get it to reconnect eventually after going through this process multiple times it will finally connect again. Any help will be appreciated as I can’t keep doing this every time I’m away from my phone. Thanks In advance.

157 REPLIES 157
Biersmurf
First Poster
Options
Same here with My IPhone , why ius Samsung not working on this?
angeledsa
First Poster
Options
Since one of the recent updates within the past 2 months, my Gear S3 does the same thing - it will not reconnect to my S7 Edge when within range. I'm going half the day without realizing. This bug is unacceptable!
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

SAMSUNG - The point of a forum is you take part and listen, otherwise is turns into a pointless forum of issues with no solution.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Mist
Apprentice
Options

Same here, worst smartwatch of many that i have had. 

Really s***t

0 Likes
JOHNNY69
First Poster
Options

HELLO SAMSUNG!! Are you listening because I'm not seeing any post from you guys. After the last up date my 500$ watch also will not reconnect making the watch useless to me if I have to carry my phone around all the time. 

S7 EDGE

koraygoksu
First Poster
Options

same here gear s3 wont automatically reconnect via bluetooth when back in range.

phone: s7 edge

and its annoying that Samsung doesnt even answer the post like 'yeah we are working on it'

pwillo777
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my brand new S8 and I have to connect the watch manually with monotonous regularity. The heart rate monitor is accurate, as I recently had to do a stress ECG however, its very hit and miss. I am getting sick of the number of times it says please clean the sensor. So far the biggest piece of c**p Samsung has made. The Apple Watch is far more reliable and with no connection issues and an extremely reliable heart rate sensor.

Daniel_De_Luca
First Poster
Options

Had also the issue... After trying various things for a long time I decided to do a complete Factory/Hard Reset of the Gear S3 (like you use it for the very first time) and it seems that the problem is now gone.

Now my Gear S3 reconnects correctly with my brand new Galaxy S8.

Note: make sure that you have  Gear backup and latest version updates on both the S8 and Gear S3.

Daniel

Mist
Apprentice
Options

I believe i found a solution, at least for me; install SMART BT FREE, the playstore name is AUTO BLUETOOTH FREE (on your phone) and force it to reconnect after disconnect.

For me works every time, also another problem that i use to have was lost of BT connection even if the watch and phone were always side by side, only disconects for a few seconds. I have a stock ONEPLUS 3 with 7.1.1

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Can't find that app most of them just end up sucking your battery - but good if it works for you

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes