Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear s3 won't automatically reconnect to bluetooth when back in range.

(Topic created on: 12-02-2017 04:26 PM)
Chris_N
Student
Options

Hello wonder if you can help.

I have just purchased a Gear s3 and I have it paired and connected to my iPhone 6. The watch works perfect until I become out of Bluetooth range and thus my watch will lose connection, which is as expected. The problem comes when I’m back in Bluetooth range i.e. back with my phone the gear s3 will not automatically reconnect like other devices I have left it 30mins plus and it still won’t automatically reconnect. I have to manually keep turning Bluetooth on and off on both the watch and phone and then clicking on both the Bluetooth connections on my phone (Gear S3(DC10) & Gear S3(DC10) LE) to try and get it to reconnect eventually after going through this process multiple times it will finally connect again. Any help will be appreciated as I can’t keep doing this every time I’m away from my phone. Thanks In advance.

157 REPLIES 157
AntS
Options

Hi Chris_N. :smileyhappy:

Have you tried a light reset? Settings > Connect to New Phone. Remember to back up any data before: Settings > About Gear > Backup and Restore > Backup Data (and restore from Settings > About Gear > Backup and Restore > Restore Data).

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Same here very ****** annoying

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Socal_scorpio
First Poster
Options
Mine just started having the same problem after the gear software update. I gave the s3 Frontier and note 5
Peter1980
Student
Options

I also have the same issue after gear update.....

s6 with gear s3 frontier

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Yes very annoying assumed the latest gear watch and manager auto connect would resolve this, no difference and dangerous trying while driving to reconnect so I don't forget later. 

Really is making my watch Useless as I put my phone to silent when using my watch so I don't get two notification vibrates  (phone and watch), but sometimes I'll go a whole morning before realising the same watch is not even paired.

Needs an auto reconnect !!!

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Chris_N
Student
Options

Update on my original post, tried several resets\re-pairing to phone but after a few months and software updates still the same problem persits... The whole time i have had the watch it has NEVER reconnected...

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Same here I did a full reset to both watch and gear also upgraded to nougat and did the same - Samsung just gave the lame please update, well dahh that does not work.

protie
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Kind of pointless to wear watch when it seems to always be disconnected... unless I manually reconnect it. Annoying

titbazax
First Poster
Options
ye was ok till last update same promblem here too
0 Likes