Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear s3 average pace display

(Topic created on: 23-02-2017 01:52 PM)
Paddyplodder
First Poster
Options

Can you personalise the gear s3 frontier to display average pace when running? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi there @Paddyplodder,

We recommend checking out third party watch faces to see if they include this feature. You can do key word searches in the Gear App Store for 'running' or 'pace'.

On a side note, if you have Bluetooth headphones connected to your Gear it will tell you your average pace when running (it will even speak it over your music). The more you run, the more the watch will learn about the way you run and your average pace - which means more accurate readings over time. 

0 Likes
CTIGUK
Student
Options

Hey - check out the Map My Run app - that has average pace and split/lap pace, which is nice. Unfortunately the layout isn't as nice as the standard S Health tracker (you have to swipe up and down the screen to view different stats which isnt as convenient as using the bezel while running), but it does work.

Samsung - ADD AVERAGE PACE AND LAP PACE TO S HEALTH! IT'S THE MOST BASIC OF BASIC RUNNING WATCH REQUIREMENTS!

FunkyMagicUK
Journeyman
Options
This is an absolute MUST.

The MapMyRun/Endomondo/UA Record (who knows what the difference is between one and the other?!) and nowhere near reliable or usable enough at this stage in comparison to SHealth.
CTIGUK
Student
Options

So, I agree it's an absolute MUST. But, S Health is horrific. Awful app. Terrible. I ran four marathons using a Garmin and Garmin Connect is superb - I can find my best mile time or half marathon time in a second, whereas S health is absolute dreadful. So. As much as I agree it is. I ran 3.1 miles using Map My Run and it was exactly as reliable as S Health. S Health isn't a runner's friend. The only reason I use it is cos I got injured 2 years ago so I'm not as intense as I used to be. Garmin still rules the roost if you're a true runner IMHO.

FunkyMagicUK
Journeyman
Options

Yes I ran with a Garmin for a few years too, but couldn't get on with Garmin Connect, I just analysed everything postrun on Strava (just as I do with runs tracked by S Health).

My Garmin died and I realised I wanted something more functional on my wrist, and as long as it tracks my route in a form that I can export to Strava then it meets my running needs (I do about 1500km a year). Nothing at all wrong with S Health on the S3, other than the minor stat could do with being a bit bigger, and it would be good if the progress ring when you set a target distance remains on screen no matter what the major stat is. Plus of course, average pace!

The MapMyRun reliability issues are related to GPS lock. No issues at all with S Health for this, but in maybe 8 test runs, I've managed to get a fully tracked route on one occasion with MapMyRun or Endomondo on S3. They acknowledge this and suggest people use an alternative app until they have a fix...you got lucky.

0 Likes
sebjacobs
First Poster
Options

This feature would be particularly useful for races where you're not allowed to wear headphones.

Please add support for displaying average pace on the watch app!

Altha
Student
Options

Agree. And make it snappy, please:o) Running with a Galaxy Watch the S-Health app didnt show this (to me) crucial stat. Then I tried Endomondo - did show the stat but incorrectly (been running with a Garmin and a Tomtom on the other wrist) - also the HR went bananas. And the Endomondo burns through your battery like a hot knife through butter.

0 Likes