Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear fit 2 which charger

(Topic created on: 22-05-2017 09:53 AM)
DRUIDDOODE513
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone

I got a free gear fit 2 with my s7 edge in febuary and I think it is an amazing peice of kit

in the box you get the watch and the smart little charging stand that as the ability to fit quite a few chargers.As I have read not using the correct chargers for the device is at best not good and may damage the battery and overall lifespan of the battery (device)

Which is the correct charger to use.

I have my charger for s7 edge but that is a fast charger 

I also have a triangular shaped one that I have been using that seems to be an apple charger.

I have done loads of searching but no one has a definitive answer.

can any one here give or get the correct info please. as it seems some of you guys have loads of knowledge but also access to answers to questions some of us struggle to find 

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
The fast charger from a s7 phone only uses the fast charge option when those options are toggled on in the phone.
The way I look at is to check the output etc marked on the plug / charger that cane with the device and go from there.
Nowadays smart gadgets are smart enough to only draw what power it uses.
For example I always used to charge my iPhone with my iPad air charger as it's a higher capacity but the iPhone will only draw the power it needs.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
The fast charger from a s7 phone only uses the fast charge option when those options are toggled on in the phone.
The way I look at is to check the output etc marked on the plug / charger that cane with the device and go from there.
Nowadays smart gadgets are smart enough to only draw what power it uses.
For example I always used to charge my iPhone with my iPad air charger as it's a higher capacity but the iPhone will only draw the power it needs.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options
Thanks for the advise on this