Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear fit 2 not counting steps

(Topic created on: 25-05-2017 08:02 AM)
Paints
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I've just bought a great fit 2 and really like all of the features but the step counter keeps stopping.

When I'm walking the counter doesn't move even if I'm walking normally with my arms moving.

Does anyone have any tips on what I can do or should I contact support?

Thanks

Graham

0 Likes
Go to solution
27 REPLIES 27
escrtn03
Student
Options

I had the same problem, and a hard reset didn't fix it. Nor did deleting the app and reconnecting the watch.  Here's what I did to fix it.

1. Remove Galaxy Wear app and Samsung Health app from the phone

2. Hard Reset your Gear Fit 2/Pro but don't connect it to your phone, skip that step. I believe you hit the question mark and there's a link to skip it when you scroll.

3. My Gear started counting steps at this point

4. Download the apps and reconnect to your phone.

Jo-Ann
First Poster
Options

I just connected my device with my watch and then i walked around to see if the steps worked but it didnt. When i went to the heart rate tracker i gave all of my information( height, weight, gender) then it said measure heart rate but it did nothing.

0 Likes
shdw73
First Poster
Options
Same here, did those exact steps and nothing has changed.
0 Likes
escrtn03
Student
Options

Fwiw, 

This did work for me originally, but the device eventually stopped counting steps again after the next software update, and doing these steps again did not fix it.

I think a software update broke the device. Both times my device stopped working was after a software update.

0 Likes
baron15
First Poster
Options
It works for me :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Hanis Safwah
Student
Options

The link cannot found. Please i need a solution for this issue. My fit 2 not syncing the counting steps with my device

0 Likes
henhen
Apprentice
Options

Hello, try:

1.  resetting your watch

2. deleting and reinstalling the phone app

If you experience these symptoms it could be that your fit 2 is dead:

1. the screen does no show when you raise your arm to look at it

2. it does not count steps

3 it does not count heart rate

4 you dont see the green light on its back turn on

5 any of the above that happens now and then means it's on its way out.

This is a common report on samsung gear fit/ fit2 pro..

It seems like a software update is the cause.  It happened to mine.

Samsung has not addressed the issue

On their forums, here, they have 'moderators' or "SOLVED" posts that are fake (or the solutions are for Mr.x who says his gear fit doesnt work - his solution was that he forgot to turn it on).

Hanif Ali Baluch
First Poster
Options

You're absolutly right on this, Samsung now is not taking resposiblity for the things they make and sell us with a bundent of money. I recieved my Galaxy fit2 for free with my Galaxy S20FE purchase and have not even opened the box, becuase i didn't need it but yesterday i have open the box and after a lot of attempts i can't make it work properly. It niether count my steps nor it tells the heart beat or anything related to a watch or band say it anything. It's not dead though but does not do the job what it is for. 

0 Likes