Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear fit 2 not counting steps

(Topic created on: 19-06-2019 11:19 PM)
Paints
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I've just bought a great fit 2 and really like all of the features but the step counter keeps stopping.

When I'm walking the counter doesn't move even if I'm walking normally with my arms moving.

Does anyone have any tips on what I can do or should I contact support?

Thanks

Graham

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27
Madd
Student
Options

By restarting my gear problem was solved.

0 Likes
wacosia
First Poster
Options

After few times resetting I told to me: enough.

Countrer is one of activity of Samsung healf - your smartphone application.  If counter is stopped at application and you connect your fit2 with it by Bluetooth - smartwatch stops count.

Solution: Connect watch with smartphone and run counter at application Samsung healf on your phone.

0 Likes
Pascal99
First Poster
Options

I bought the Gear Fit 2 Pro from Samsung 3 days ago, with the possibility to test it for 2 weeks... In the shop I was told this device is the ever best on the market. Now I am travelling through Europe, steps worked the first day  and then no more. I tested everything, soft reset, hard reset, everything what was suggested by you guys who had the same problem. Before I had Garmin Vivosmart HR+, never any problem and my h easier and friendly interface . This was throwing money just stupidly away. Never buy this kind of device, which is for Samsung a kind of small side business. Fitbit or Garmin is just worlds ahead

0 Likes
henhen
Apprentice
Options

What you say here as a solution makes no sense.  Even in the link you provide the people say the solution has nothing to do with the real problem.  Chances are you dont know how to set up or use your phone or gear watch.  As described in the link you pointed to, the gear watch should count steps with or without the gear fit app.  

By posting this as a solution you mislead people who have a problem with their watches counting steps.  

arcruz
First Poster
Options

I had a similar problem. GF2PRO was working fine for about 6 months then it stopped counting steps and tracking sleep. I tried multiple resets with no success. Also drained the battery but it did not help. I finally called support and sent the unit back.  The diagnostics was the the unit would lock up during firmware update and not complete the operation so they replaced the circuit board, now it works fine.

0 Likes
dwmerlin
Apprentice
Options

Well I got fed up pursuing ebay seller, my watch despite being Dd3 in the UK is Arabic in origin. Samsung accept no liability, which really annoys me. It's about time companies took responsibility for they're goods. Why does it matter where it was bought. 12 month guarantee should mean that any where in the world.

Now I've bought a £6 smart watch on ebay. It works which is a lot better than the Samsung Fit2 Pro at £120. Steps, heart monitor, blood pressure, calories, distance. Now that's value for money. 

0 Likes
xxbigbacon
First Poster
Options

any ideas? I just got one of these and ***** you not, 2 days it stopped counting anything.....2 WHOLE DAYS...

tried a full reset, didn't work.

tried uninstalling and installing phone apps again (health, wearables, fit2 plugin) nothing.

works great as a watch and to show notifications even though it doesn't work there even sometime. Screen does not turn on to show me notifications.

0 Likes
TheOriginalGOC
First Poster
Options

Was in the same boat; tried everything from basic resetting to factory resetting everything. Nothing seemed to work; then figured it was a firmware issue with the last update. I reflashed the Gear Fit 2 Pro (SM-R365) with an older firmware version (R365XXU2AQI1) using NetOdin and everything works again. Not the easiest fix, but this worked for me.

0 Likes
dwmerlin
Apprentice
Options

How do you stop the software from updating again.

0 Likes
TheOriginalGOC
First Poster
Options

Galaxy Wearable App -> About Gear -> Update Gear Software -> Turn Off 'Download Updates Automatically '

0 Likes