Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear VR undocking issue on Note 8

(Topic created on: 17-04-2018 07:17 PM)
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

Hi. For about a month now I keep getting the error Gear VR undocking issue. I have not used my Note 8 with the Gear VR since last year!  

Does anyone have a fix for this ? Anyone else experienced it? Not even updating my Android to Oreo hasn't cured the problem. 

Thank you. 

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
10 REPLIES 10
MattandJK
Apprentice
Options
I have been having the same issue, so you aren't alone. Have you tried reinstalling the application? I reinstalled and haven't gotten it since, but it may still occur.
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

Thank you for responding. That's the one thing I haven't tried lol. I will give it a whirl 😊

0 Likes
natef9988
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Seemed to coincide with the Android 8.0 update. Did you have any luck with that method?

Tommyiskrazy
Student
Options

I am also having this issue since the update, I have also not used me vr in a few months.

Tommyiskrazy
Student
Options

Mine is occurring when I plug it in to the Samsung fast charger. It pops up under my notifications bar.

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@natef9988 wrote:

Same problem here. Seemed to coincide with the Android 8.0 update. Did you have any luck with that method?

I haven't uninstalled the Oculus app yet. The reason for this is that I have a glass screen protector which won't allow me to insert the Note 8 back in the Gear VR again ( I believe this is the only way to install Oculus). In the meantime I keep getting the same error, sometimes even 3 times a day 🙄

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@Tommyiskrazy wrote:

I am also having this issue since the update, I have also not used me vr in a few months.

My Note 8 has been having this issue long before the Android 8. Switching to Oreo hasn't made any difference. 

0 Likes
MattandJK
Apprentice
Options
Uninstalling the application did stop the issue. I have yet to reinstall, so i dont know if that will help, but i would assume it is a bug with the app, so im waiting for the next update.
MattandJK
Apprentice
Options

This did work. I have not reinstalled it, but an uninstall does do the trick