Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear VR network error

(Topic created on: 29-03-2017 06:26 PM)
Samdidsing
Apprentice
Options

When i place my s7 into the gear VR and try to install the software from the setup wizard, it appears with network error. I've tried changing internet connection, clear cache etc. But it won't fix. Is there a way to fix this error or bypass it and install the software from somewhere else?

Spoiler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samdidsing
Apprentice
Options

It is fixed now thank you but what I did was I used the smart switch pc app to install the latest software and it works now thank you

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
TracyR
Options

Hey @Samdidsing,

Have you checked to make sure all of your software is up to date? Settings > About Device > Download Updates Manually. 

You can also try completely removing the Oculus app from your phone, before doing this lets clear the cache and data from the app. Settings > Application > Application Manager > Oculus > Storage > Clear Cache / Clear Data. Then remove it from your phone, ->->->Oculus > Uninstall. 

After that, give your phone a breath of fresh air with a soft reboot, press and hold the Power and Volume Down until your phone restarts. 

You can then try using the Gear VR again, your phone will prompt you to re-install the software once you connect your phone to your VR.

Let me know if this solves your problem. :womanvery-happy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Solution
Samdidsing
Apprentice
Options

It is fixed now thank you but what I did was I used the smart switch pc app to install the latest software and it works now thank you

Katiesymon
First Poster
Options
Hi smartswitch ? How and from where or did u have softwa0re on other device ? Ive tried everything even did a factory reset unfortunately n no luck. Ive a great wifi, samsung s7 edge
0 Likes
Samdidsing
Apprentice
Options

Yes, i used samsung smart switch, link:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch

I downloaded the application and in the top right there should be an options tab, and it says something like restore firmware or emergency reset, something like that.

it then should ask for your phones serial number (found on the phonebox) and then asks for a couple more details.

finally it downloads the latest firmware to your phone and resets it.

this is what fixed my issue, hope this helps

p.s. make sure you back up your phone using the smart switch app on your phone or the samsung cloud

Good Luck

0 Likes
Samdidsing
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
Katiesymon
First Poster
Options

hey thx ill try this and let u know

0 Likes
Jankelele
First Poster
Options

I tried that, didn't help.

Waldro
First Poster
Options

I know this answer is quite late but maybe it will help someone else: 

Disabling vpn services (in my case adguard) helped me to reconnect. If u run in connection errors this might be the reason why.

sithabile
First Poster
Options

My phone is giving me problem when trying to install gear VR. i have tried almost everything proposed here. how do i disable vpn?