Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

(Topic created on: 25-03-2018 07:02 PM)
Stevevdb3000
First Poster
Options

Hi, is anyone else having this issue with their gear sport or gear S3?

I have had 3 gear S3's and now changed it to a gear sport and am still getting the same issue. 

When I first went out cycling with the gear sport yesterday, it tracked my HR just fine when displayed in the shealth app but since then it is just showing it go up and then a straight line which is obviously wrong. I think its a software issue. The gear S2 does it fine.

See graph 1st use and then whats happened since - before and after:1st use cycling1st use cycling

2nd use and onwards use2nd use and onwards use

490 REPLIES 490
pavlis
Pioneer
Options

"Will samsung replace my watch as its under guarantee?"

Yes, they will replace it with another watch with the same *hardware* issue. 

Stop wasting your time and get a product that works. I have: my Fitbit Versa works as advertised, especially HR monitoring. It doesn't *miss a beat!*.

Get a refund and don't look back. I haven't.

0 Likes
Stevevdb30000
Pioneer
Options

Yes, samsung will do a refund if less than 30days old or a replacement for anything older than 30days. Both of my watches work a treat. Screenshot attached:

Screenshot_20190731-062209_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options
Same here works smooth every time after one ui update.

Try wearing higher on the arm and pretty tight
Andrezao
Explorer
Options

The problem is the hardware, very very weak

steve_c
First Poster
Options

Thanks very much for info, I use mine for cycling as well.

The watch is about 8 weeks old so It will probably be replaced, hopefully I will get a good replacement!

0 Likes
seb11
First Poster
Options
Similar issue here with Galaxy fit.
0 Likes
Mikzu
First Poster
Options

It seems I may have fixed my Gear S3 flatlines by removing the Samsung health widget with hr reading, burnt calories, steps and floors. (It has recorded last 2 walks correctly) I suspected they messed up something with widgets as the weather widget was blocking other apps from acquiring location. Tomorrow will probably verify if my issue is really fixed cuz I havent got a full reading from cycling to work before, always flat lines.

0 Likes
steve_c
First Poster
Options
I hope u have a fix but I would not hold your breath lol as I tried disabling those in Samsung health but still got the flatline! Please let me know how you get on.
0 Likes
nutt02
First Poster
Options

I got hr graph in negative after running and sync like this but while running can show hr rate on watch. what should I do

ps. gear sport and S health on iPhoneX ios 12.1.4

97F39E4E-75BB-4DCD-8E02-71113F84B033.png

0 Likes
Ezza23
First Poster
Options

Wish I'd found this a few weeks back. My girlfriend bought me an S3 frontier to replace my S2. I'm a keen cyclist and keen to use it for tracking return back to fitness after a layoff, I noticed the issue just before Christmas tried a few things but no success before but I can see ffrom history on Samsung Health that it all worked just fine with the S2.

Will try the widget stuff you've suggest it but this is pretty annoying. I might even go back to the S2 :smiling-face: or my old SportsTracker chest strap but it's not ideal.

Any further advice/suggestions. I guess could consider getting a replacement but it was bought in October!

0 Likes