Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

(Topic created on: 04-07-2018 05:57 PM)
Stevevdb3000
First Poster
Options

Hi, is anyone else having this issue with their gear sport or gear S3?

I have had 3 gear S3's and now changed it to a gear sport and am still getting the same issue. 

When I first went out cycling with the gear sport yesterday, it tracked my HR just fine when displayed in the shealth app but since then it is just showing it go up and then a straight line which is obviously wrong. I think its a software issue. The gear S2 does it fine.

See graph 1st use and then whats happened since - before and after:1st use cycling1st use cycling

2nd use and onwards use2nd use and onwards use

490 REPLIES 490
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

@AntS @CarolinaW and any other Mods.

Please can we get a response on this.

I believe as consumers we have gone above and beyond trying to troubleshoot this ourselves and in some cases, purchasing an app (gear tracker) just to get around the issue and prove the Samsung Health app is at fault.

It's ridiculous that:

- The problem has been around so long and no one has bothered to fix it.

- A problem which affects multiple devices in different regions is just ignored.

- Anyone has yet to even acknowledge the problem exists (devs) or said they are taking steps to resolve it.

The problem is not just going to go away on its own and neither are the people in this thread just going to 'forget' about the problem.

Theron
Journeyman
Options

Maybe it is time to pass this to commission for consumer rights. At least in europe we have several institutions for this (one of which already dealed with samsung e.g. when regarding note 4). If samsung won't listen to the consumers, he will listen to institutions.

Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options
Absolutely @Ricky2 we won't go away and forget 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
And @Ricky2 I'm so sorry my system that is working hasn't worked for you 😕
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

No problem Celia,

It does work on the odd occasion doing it that way but I always put it down to a bit of a fluke haha.

Hi Theron,

Yes I would say someone needs to take this further but I myself won't be doing that. I reckon I've already put enough time and effort into getting this resolved without going down the legal route.

I have attached another ride where I used Gear Tracker to record the workout. As always, my heart rate data was recorded consistantly all the way through the workout.

I don't understand how a developer who doesn't even work for Samsung, can create an app that records heart rate better than the stock Samsung health app.HR data shown in Strava. A direct upload of data form the gear tracker app on the watch to Strava.HR data shown in Strava. A direct upload of data form the gear tracker app on the watch to Strava.

0 Likes
Andrezao
Explorer
Options

I really think that the  problem is the  hardware...

Due the tests and results that I did.

How could be a software problem if I move fast only my arm without move my body and I had 160bpm heart rates. In the other arm I put an apple watch in the same time and I had only 65bpm heart rates.

0 Likes
TheRugbyProp
Explorer
Options

I'd like to try out the Gear Tracker app on my watch, but I haven't been able to find it. Is it more difficult to install it onto a watch when the watch is paired with an iphone? If I can't install Gear Tracker, what about Endomondo some said that that worked better?

has anyone tried not using the exercise modes and just leaving the watch (Sport, in my case) in continuous HR mode? Of course,

thanks.

Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Hi Therugbyprop,

The galaxy app store on the watch only displays free apps. The Gear Tracker app is a paid app and needs to be downloaded via the galaxy app store on the phone, this then installs to your watch.

Gear Tracker
http://apps.samsung.com/gear/appDetail.as?appId=ye0lz9RwAz

Also to answer your other question, Yes we have tried leaving continuous HR mode on. This made no difference.

0 Likes
TheRugbyProp
Explorer
Options
I have repeatedly tried to find Gear Tracker in the Galaxy Apps site,using the iPhone which as the Gear app installed. But, nothing works. I have not been able to load it onto my iPhone and therefore also not on my Sport watch.
I can search, but its not found. ? BTW, i'm in the US if that makes a difference.
0 Likes
Theron
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I used to use endomondo on gear s3 and fit2 and it had the same problems, although, it did much better job when watch HR mode was NOT continual. Still it was prone to the same error.

I already returned my s3 now and I am about to buy Garmin vivoactive 3, but in the meanwhile I use Sporty watch on my gear fit2 which I use along with my HR belt. However, when I used Sporty watch without the belt it measured complete workout no problem (still the accuracy is not to be comparable to HR belt or for that matter to //garmin forerunner device that I borrowed from my brother a week ago)...

0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Hi Therugbyprop,

Sorry i didn't realise you were using IOS.

That may be the problem, i don't have an iphone and never have so i can't help you there.

The region may also be a factor, i don't know if the developer has released the app to different regions.

I take it nothing happens when you click the gear tracker link i posted a few posts up?

0 Likes