Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

(Topic created on: 23-05-2018 02:59 AM)
Stevevdb3000
First Poster
Options

Hi, is anyone else having this issue with their gear sport or gear S3?

I have had 3 gear S3's and now changed it to a gear sport and am still getting the same issue. 

When I first went out cycling with the gear sport yesterday, it tracked my HR just fine when displayed in the shealth app but since then it is just showing it go up and then a straight line which is obviously wrong. I think its a software issue. The gear S2 does it fine.

See graph 1st use and then whats happened since - before and after:1st use cycling1st use cycling

2nd use and onwards use2nd use and onwards use

490 REPLIES 490
Stevevdb30000
Pioneer
Options
Ok, ill post it on their tommorow when im back with the watch
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Another example of the problem from Saturday.

Over 19 miles cycling and hardly any heart rate data.Screenshot_20180521-234636_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Please can a Mod escalate this issue for us all please?

I have provided the requested info.

0 Likes
Stevevdb30000
Pioneer
Options
I am using a Galaxy S9+
Gear sport Software version: R600XXU1ARC4
Tizen 3.0.0.2

Can this issue please be excalated to the software dev team? Its really not difficult to replicate the issue. Its definately a software problem. Ive gone through 4 watches and a different phobe and all have this same issue!
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Excellent, thanks Steve!

0 Likes
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, I uninstalled and reinstalled my s health app as it kept crashing, this seems to have resolved the HR graph issue (?) Purely by luck I think but watch this space. 

I will report again once I have done some exercise 

Stevevdb30000
Pioneer
Options

Please do report back. Try cycling if you can, walking exercise mode always records the HR graph ok (all be it inaccurate) but cycling only records it ok for for me once after a factory reset.

Ricky2
Voyager
Options

As I mentioned, the problem for me has survived a factory reset of both the phone and the watch (multiple attempts)...it still didn't resolve the issue. I will try recording a walk later and report back.

In the meantime, it would be nice if Samsung commented on this problem...

Stevevdb30000
Pioneer
Options
Indeed it would be nice if they did so.
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

I agree also,it would be reassuring and helpful to know they, at least, paid attention to the community boards