Support

Open search

Gear S3 update problem

Highlighted
First Poster

Hello. Samsung service changed my Gear S3 frontier's mother board and it came with Tizen 2.0.2.0 and when I try to update it, it says its already in latest version. Latest version at least tizen 4.0.0.4 and I search for so many solutions but each solution failed. I gave it to the service again and they just update it to 2.3.2.3. How can I update my gear s3 to tizen 4.0 or at least 3.0. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hi @GirayAlp. What phone is your watch synced with? It can usually be updated using the Wearables app. Iff not, we have a program called Smart Switch. If you have access to a computer, sownload it from this link and connect your watch via USB. Hope this helps! 

Highlighted
First Poster

I have Note 8. Wearables app says gear s3 is already using the latest version which is not. I download SmartSwitch to my pc but I couldn't find any solution or video about how to connect gearS3 to pc with USB. Can you explain how to connect gearS3 to pc with USB?

Thank you very much.

Highlighted
@GirayAlp: There're some steps on how you can connect your Gear S3 to a PC via USB on this link: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-33572 Take a look and give these steps a go.
Highlighted
First Poster

I saw this site. The problem is I don't know how to connect the USB cable to the Gear S3 as it says on the site. I don't see any opening on the watch that I can connect any cable.

Highlighted
First Poster

I still dont know how to connect usb to my gear s3 please help

Top Liked Authors