Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 sensors not working

(Topic created on: 14-10-2017 08:40 AM)
Sina9
Student
Options

Hey everyone,

A few days ago I bought a Gear S3 (SM-R760) and started using it but I found out that none of the sensors (gyroscope, accelemeter, heart rate, etc.) are working!! I dialled *#0*# in watch's dialler and the sensors weren't responding. Does anyone have a solution or should I replace it with another watch?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

My advice @Sina9 is to....

1. Soft Reboot it by turning Off and On. 
  2. Factory Reset it. 
  3. Take it back to the seller for a swap. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

My advice @Sina9 is to....

1. Soft Reboot it by turning Off and On. 
  2. Factory Reset it. 
  3. Take it back to the seller for a swap. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Sina9
Student
Options
Alright, Looks like it's the easy way
0 Likes
Briandr24
First Poster
Options

Hola que hicistes al final con el reloj ? Yo tengo exactamente el mismo problema   No le funcionan todos los sensores  le probe con el código para verificar los sensores tal como lo hizo usted y no funcionan nada.. Ritmo cardíaco, accelerometro, etc... Lo arreglaste o no?? 

0 Likes
pabloMEndoza
First Poster
Options

hola lo pudiste solucionar??

yo hice lo mismo y nada.

por favor ayuda!!,. HELPPP

0 Likes
Straycat65
Student
Options
I had the exact same problem, soft and hard reboot did not work, mine stopped working after about 2 weeks, went back to samsung to be fixed but they did nothing, what was not working when I sent it to be fixed still was not working when I got it back, complained to customer services and they took it away again so here's hoping it will be fixed when I get it back. It appears to be a common problem with the watch, when it works its a great piece of kit but its so annoying when it does not. Dont know if there was a link but the watch went AWOL very close to when my S7 got a software update, but I think that was just a coincidence
0 Likes
oayarza
Student
Options

I bought the watch on Amazon and t worked fine for 5 months but someday it suddenly stopped measuring my steps, heart rate, etc.  I did all the resets but still got nothing.

Tried to reach Amazon but they haven't answered. It's horrible to spend more than US$250 just to get a piece of junk. I feel terribly scammed with this item. Will not buy another samsung smartwatch and I don't recommend them.

Straycat65
Student
Options

It appears once you buy the watch and set it up it then becomes Samsungs problem and not the shop you bought it from. I had the exact same problem and your only thing that sorted it was to get in touch with samsung customer services have them collect it and take it away to be fixed. It took 2 attempts & the second time I had to included a note saying what was not working and they replaced the main board in the watch and now it is working fine. I still do not have a lot of confidence in it and I would find it hard to recommed it to anyone but at least it is now working. 

Dguberna
First Poster
Options
Un reloj carísimo que falla al año de uso.Sin sensores igual.Nunca compren relojes Samsung
Joa80
First Poster
Options

I stumbled upon a site that led me to my solution. My watch is now working properly again. 

I link the actual site below. But in short steps, here is what i did.

open up the test mode menu on the Gear by dialling *#0*# in the phone app

Scroll down to and select HRM, select HRM again.

This will show how the different parts of the sensor are working.

Double click the back button to get out of this menu

Scroll down to and select Sensor Hub.

This may take some time to come up with a result, don’t worry if you see a plain black screen for a while.

Does the result of the testing show Pass or Fail?

If this shows ‘Pass’ then no errors have been detected.

Mine said PASS, so then i went back to HRM and did a test on EOL That did wake up all my sensors again. So if you now click the HR/SNR you will see the hrm count and the green sensor light at the back working again.

I hope this works for more than just me. 

And the link to the real hero. They go a little more in depth. 

https://help.kogan.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013110954-Samsung-Gear-S3-Frontier-Functionality-issues-...

Thanks

0 Likes