Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 not vibrates with viber since android 8 oreo

(Topic created on: 19-03-2018 12:38 PM)
laci
Explorer
Options

Hi

We have 4 galaxy S8 phone in the family and friends, but since andoid 8 oreo update, the gear s3 stopped vibration with viber (only silent notification coming). Why? 

The phones and the gear s3 were either factory reseted (without backup) but not helped. All the phone and gear apps are updated.

Yellow dot is perfect! With andoid 7 it was perfect... 

The oreo built in samsung gear end gear s plugin does not supports anything?

Ps.: some friend says the gmail and mymail app has the same problem.  All the other apps perfect. We do not understand. :smileysurprised:

35 REPLIES 35
csabamikula
First Poster
Options

Same problem here...

Goca
Student
Options

Same problem, galaxy s8 with oreo and gear s3 frontier. Any solution?

0 Likes
Grappler
Journeyman
Options

Still nothing! Samsung dosn't give a *****

laci
Explorer
Options

Everybody send mail to the developer: gmanager.sec@samsung.com

mmetka
First Poster
Options

And same problem here with samsung gear fit 2 pro.. started with the oreo update.. really disappointed..

0 Likes
EmilMatica
Apprentice
Options

I have s8+ and gear 3 and after oreo update, there are no sound from cell phone and no sound from gear s3 from Viber app... Grrr  I really hate this... I got used to that sooo much. It's a big prob for me now.

I've tried many things but nothing helped. It looks like we need to wait for new viber update. Or samsung fix.

laci
Explorer
Options

Viber not helps to us.

It is a gear app problem or Oreo...

Write to the developer see above

0 Likes
Goca
Student
Options

This is answer from viber support

"

Hello Goran,

Thank you for the detailed information you provided for us.

Currently we officially support only Android Wear and Apple Watch therefore cannot guarantee that you won’t experience issues on any other types of smartwatches.

However, we have taken your request and the information you gave us under consideration and, should this issue become relevant to more users, our team will start working on its resolution.

We are sorry for your inconveniences. If you still experience the same issue with notifications when your smartwatch is unpaired, please let us know.

0 Likes
laci
Explorer
Options

Yes I got that too.

This is why gear app is the cause or Oreo.

Write to gear app developer too

0 Likes
EmilMatica
Apprentice
Options

Yes, but with gear shut down, there are no sound notifications from viber (only vibrate).

So it must be something with viber... Whatsapp and other app work fine with gear s3 even after oreo upgrade...

0 Likes