Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 not reconnecting to phone

(Topic created on: 28-08-2018 04:50 PM)
Decyther
Journeyman
Options

Just changed phone from Moto X4 to a Nokia 6.1 androidone. 

If I was out of range and then came back with the X4 it would reconnect with no issues. With the 6.1 it will not reconnect at all unless I go into Bluetooth settings and tap on the gear S3 in the paired items list to manually reconnect.

The 6.1 is running Oreo 8.1 with May security update.

Gear S3 Frontier, Honor Play
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
Hi @Decyther

Do you have the Samsung Gear application installed on your Nokia? If not please visit the Google Play Store to obtain the app and you can use this to connect to the Gear S3 and manage some of the features/trackers on the watch. I'd also advise speaking with Nokia support about any potential issues with the phone's Bluetooth connection
0 Likes
Decyther
Journeyman
Options

All software that is needed is installed and up to date, I have used this watch with no connection issues on 3 other phones at least so I have a generally good idea as to what I'm doing.

I have also posted about this on Nokia's support forum, so I'm reaching out to both sides of the problem.

peacedog
First Poster
Options

I've got the same issue with my Nokia 6.1. My previous phone connected to my S3 without issue so it seems to be an issue on Nokia's side. Have you heard anything from them?

0 Likes
Decyther
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, I'm afraid not.  After 3 weeks of being fed a line of bs from Nokia support I gave up and took the phone back to the shop.  Glad I did in the end as it seems the variant I had (TA-1050) still has problems with being updated from what I have seen, people have had to do hard resets and use a VPN to get their phones updated, and still no Bluetooth fix.  I ended up getting a Huawei P20 lite, it cost a bit more and it's not an androidone handset but it has been massively more reliable and my gear s3 connects without issues.

LHT
Apprentice
Options
For me also. My nokia 8 can not connect and configure gear s3. What happened?
0 Likes
budgie14
First Poster
Options
Ive had real issues with nokia 6.1 not connecting with two different new car stereo units,and samsung frontier watch.Had new internals fitted to nokia and car stereo had to be sent away to be repaired [3 days after buying it ] Other smart watches reconnect no problem,but Nokia and Samsung have an incompatibility.Did the clearing cache thing worked well,one time only
0 Likes