Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 extreme battery drain after One UI update!

(Topic created on: 26-05-2019 11:45 AM)
Makisg
Apprentice
Options

Hi Folks,

My Gear S3 battery is draining like CRAZY since the One UI update! I took it off the power at 08.00hrs this morning and it went down to 20% by 12.00hrs (noon)!!! That's with the wifi OFF, with the gps OFF, with hardly any usage and with no apps running in the background! I am extremely disappointed with Samsung! Its ridiculous that this is still happening after all those complaints from thousands of users who faced similar issues following previous updates over the last few years! You would have thought they would have fixed it by now. But no. When I had this problem during an earlier update I found that installing an older version (from a third party website) of the Gear S plugin fixed the problem. It seems this new update has gotten rid of that earlier plugin and the new plugin is killing it. I tried re-installing the old plugin but it failed this time, so I suppose they've blocked it.  I completely reset my watch now but I think nothing will change. If I have any improvement I will post it on here. 

Anybody else facing the same problem? Any solutions???

55 REPLIES 55
AHMEDEAM
Journeyman
Options

My watch was only 3 month old , at the time of that destroing update , should i wait with the touch wake up on , or cost samsung their mistake by replacing the watch

0 Likes
Simon-D
Student
Options

If it's in warranty let them have it back, mine unfortunately isn't. They don't even acknowledge a fault as I'm speaking to them now. 

0 Likes
StewH
First Poster
Options

I agree 100%  ever since the update I have turned everything off and it still drains in about 10 hours .$500 paper weight of you ask me .Pretty annoyed

0 Likes
Aceselect
Journeyman
Options

Do a full factory reset on the watch -

1. Back up data on the internal memory.
  2. Turn the Gear S3 off.
  3. Press and hold the Power key until REBOOTING displays at the bottom of the screen.
  4. Press the Power key repeatedly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.
  5. Press the Power key to highlight ' Recovery'.
  6. Press and hold the Home key to select.
  7. Keep holding the Power key until the Gear S3 begins rebooting.

then once restored, go to SETTINGS, then choose ADVANCED and select, then choose, TOUCH WAKE UP and make sure it is set to ON. Exit settings. This should fix your issue.

0 Likes
Nadhemso
First Poster
Options

Hello, how can i do this please ? I had the same problem today after the cursed update

0 Likes
gjmaryy
First Poster
Options

You can't fix it. It is a software issue. Thanks God mine had warranty on it and I sent it to Samsung. They replaced my battery and sent it back to me. It still didn't work. I sent my watch back to them again with a flashcard note saying "I am very confident that this is a software update issue. Please, don't replace the battery again because it won't fix the issue. I got a warranty on it. Help me out!" Then, they sent me an email saying that they cannot fix it. So, they sent me a check to buy a brand new watch. 

They would ask you to verify your purchase. They would need a proof that the watch is yours and that you bought it yourself. Once you can prove it and send it to them, they would send you a check. 

This process took me a month and couple days. They won't send you your old watch back though. SAMSUNG is going to keep it and send you the check.

0 Likes