Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 extreme battery drain after One UI update!

(Topic created on: 27-06-2019 02:15 PM)
Makisg
Apprentice
Options

Hi Folks,

My Gear S3 battery is draining like CRAZY since the One UI update! I took it off the power at 08.00hrs this morning and it went down to 20% by 12.00hrs (noon)!!! That's with the wifi OFF, with the gps OFF, with hardly any usage and with no apps running in the background! I am extremely disappointed with Samsung! Its ridiculous that this is still happening after all those complaints from thousands of users who faced similar issues following previous updates over the last few years! You would have thought they would have fixed it by now. But no. When I had this problem during an earlier update I found that installing an older version (from a third party website) of the Gear S plugin fixed the problem. It seems this new update has gotten rid of that earlier plugin and the new plugin is killing it. I tried re-installing the old plugin but it failed this time, so I suppose they've blocked it.  I completely reset my watch now but I think nothing will change. If I have any improvement I will post it on here. 

Anybody else facing the same problem? Any solutions???

55 REPLIES 55
Hgurdal
Journeyman
Options
I contacted online customer service in Turkey. They advised me to backup the watch at Galaxy wearable and then to reset to factory settings and then to reload the backup. I did and the problem is totally solved. The battery lost only %14 in 8 hours. Unbelieveable. It's better than before the One UI update.

I recommend you to do it like this
0 Likes
AHMEDEAM
Journeyman
Options

What I did

Backup

Reset

Let closed 10 min

Start , restore , turn on touch wake up from sittings , advanced 

Now every thing is ok

0 Likes
Aceselect
Journeyman
Options

Yep, I did that, glad it has worked for you too.

0 Likes
MMahdi
First Poster
Options

Do you mean i've to turn on "touch wake-up" option?

0 Likes
Alelic
Pioneer
Options
Yes...
0 Likes
MMahdi
First Poster
Options

please edit your solution reply with the right name of the option. Thanks

0 Likes
Raphael3
First Poster
Options

issue continue after reset.

0 Likes
Ash11
Student
Options

Was on by default as well. Toggling it back on or off did not work for me either.

I've factory reset it 3 times over a few days letting it charge fully and drain fully.  In simply stuck with around 10 max, which is garbage. That's with aod off, and I normally have it on.

0 Likes
Jayemmee
Journeyman
Options

Further to my earlier posts - I am still experiencing this problem

I have tried reset the watch multiple times  - tried from the App - done a hard reset (using the watch buttons) - even left it powered off after the reset for almost an hour. I have tried made sure that Touch wake-up set to both on and off - does not make any difference.

Tried using simple watch faces, turning off all my widgets and apps - even tried putting the phone in Power saving mode permanently (which made absolutely no difference to the battery life) - no matter what I do the battery still does not last me a full day.

I am beginning to think that Samsung have made my watch unfit for purpose by this update and that they should offer the option to revert the watch to the earlier firmware which ran for around four days.

gjmaryy
First Poster
Options

Hey! I actually don't think that there is a solution to fix the issue long term. Thanks God I called SAMSUNG about the issue and I found out that I still have warranty on my Gear S3 Frontier. Because I still have warranty on my watch, they asked me to send the watch. I sent the watch 2 TIMES!!! to SAMSUNG.

The first time I sent it, they thought it was the battery that wasn't good so, they replaced it and sent it back to me. I was so pissed! So, I contacted them again and they asked me to send it back again.

So, I sent it back for a second time with a note (on a flash card) saying to not touch the battery because the problem is from the SOFTWARE UPDATE ONE UI. I think they read my note and now, they said that they won't repair it but, they would give me a full refund and also send my watch back. I'm still waiting for them to send me the refund and my watch back. Today Mark's the 2nd day that I've been waiting. I think it's going to take a while for the refund to come in with the watch.

0 Likes