Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 extreme battery drain after One UI update!

(Topic created on: 04-06-2019 08:02 PM)
Makisg
Apprentice
Options

Hi Folks,

My Gear S3 battery is draining like CRAZY since the One UI update! I took it off the power at 08.00hrs this morning and it went down to 20% by 12.00hrs (noon)!!! That's with the wifi OFF, with the gps OFF, with hardly any usage and with no apps running in the background! I am extremely disappointed with Samsung! Its ridiculous that this is still happening after all those complaints from thousands of users who faced similar issues following previous updates over the last few years! You would have thought they would have fixed it by now. But no. When I had this problem during an earlier update I found that installing an older version (from a third party website) of the Gear S plugin fixed the problem. It seems this new update has gotten rid of that earlier plugin and the new plugin is killing it. I tried re-installing the old plugin but it failed this time, so I suppose they've blocked it.  I completely reset my watch now but I think nothing will change. If I have any improvement I will post it on here. 

Anybody else facing the same problem? Any solutions???

55 REPLIES 55
tjoeherb
Student
Options
Same here!!

Today it lasted only 6 hours until the battery was completely empty and i haven't used the Gear S3 in any way!!

Very disappointing, and absolutely not worth the money with all the trouble since!!
Makisg
Apprentice
Options

As unpleasant as it was...I have RESET my watch and that seems to have resolved the battery drain (for now at least). I will let you know in case something changes, but I think its OK now. Suggest you give it a try.

Dufus
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue have reset watch and still ***** i didn't have the drain issues before this update.

Alelic
Pioneer
Options

I found the problem. you must enable the activation via touch of the watch

Tigerman55
Apprentice
Options
I can confirm, this problem has been happening to me as well. Before the update my s3 frontier would last a day and a half without a recharge. Now it barely lasts 4 hours. They screwed up this update really badly. I love how one of the patch notes says that it is supposed to help battery performance.
0 Likes
Tigerman55
Apprentice
Options
I tried this with no luck.
0 Likes
Tigerman55
Apprentice
Options
Will try this, and see if that fixes it for me as well. Thanks for the comment.
0 Likes
LaszloF
First Poster
Options

same problem + heart rate sensor does not work!

0 Likes
Tigerman55
Apprentice
Options
Alelic's solution worked for me to solve the battery drain issue so far.
0 Likes