Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 alert when phone not found

(Topic created on: 27-04-2019 09:41 AM)
Swifty
Pioneer
Options

Does the Gear S3 alert me when it can't connect to the phone? 

If so, can you  stop it doing this overnight, or when the watch is not being worn?

Can you make the alarms louder or more persistent if the watch is outside a certain perimiter?

I'm getting old, and occasionally find I've not taken my phone with me. It's only going to get worse. 

I have a app on my phone which can be programmed to do various things when certain conditions apply. So sounding an alarm when I went more than 20 metres from my house would do the trick, if I hadn't just left  my phone behind.

The author of the app solicited for enhancements. I requested two:

1. A reminder of what you were about to do when you suddenly found yourself in a different room.

2. A warning that you'd just gone out the front door, to go shopping, but you'd left  your wallet behind.

Their response? "It will be in  the next release sir!". Don't you just love developers with a sense of humour?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Swifty
Pioneer
Options

You'd have to be careful if you had a more persistent "no phone" alarm as it could go off continually at home (perhaps you are charging the phone) 

That said, I frequently miss the notification as it is. 

0 Likes
SH9
First Poster
Options
This is a good question. Can it be customised like extended vibrations with a sound alert of your choice or will it be soon within a new upgrade. Its been like this always and this needs to change to a custom option.
0 Likes