Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 - How can I stop it from telling me to Get Moving

(Topic created on: 29-12-2016 09:28 AM)
londonroadhog
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

So, I don't have a very active lifestyle (would love to change that, but I'm an IT person based at a desk). I've recently bought the Gear S3 Frontier, and it keeps telling me to "get moving". Nice idea, but not really practical. Everytime it vibrates to tell me this, I think I've just received a text message. I'd like to stop it telling me to move. Is this possible?

However, when I do walk, etc, I want the watch to track my steps, sleep patterns and heart rate. So I don't want to completely turn off the SHealth app. 

I had an S2 Classic, and I didn't have the same issue with that, or if I did, I was able to easily turn it off.

Thanks

Colin.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pete
First Poster
Options
Hi.
I have a gear fit 2 which does the same thing and it can be changed under the health nudges category in settings.
Hope that helps.
0 Likes
Solution
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Londonroadhog!

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. 

Maybe we should develop a range of desk chair exercises to keep everyone active all day long! To stop your Gear S3 trying to give you a kick up the bum, head to S Health > More > Settings > Notifications > Be More Active Guidance, toggle this off. 

DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

Hi buddy 

One way you can limit it on the fit 2 is in settings and then health nudges that turns most of but there is still one that comes up on mine if I have sat in the same place for a couple of hours but strangely doesn't do it all the time.

And the last option might be to drastic but if you enable power saving that will stop it and if you receive an message it will still vibrate but not show the message 

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes
ManWithNoBrows
First Poster
Options

None of these settings actually exist. Here's how to turn off the nag screens.

1. Open Samsung Health

2. Click the cheeseburger menu (Three lines in the top left)

3. Click the cog icon

4. Click "Accessories"

5. Click the cog icon for your device

6. Click "Notifications" (NOT the switch! Click the part of the bar that says "Notifications" to access the hidden menu.)

7. Turn off "Inactive Time Alerts"

Why Samsung goes to such lengths to hide that from us is beyond me. Does it REALLY matter to Samsung THAT much of we're moving or not? We're not all going to run out to buy a new Samsung device when we get a nag screen to move, or anything.

Hopefully this reply saves someone the days of searching it took me to find this hidden setting. For reference I'm a software engineer of 17 years, and the UX on this setting is atrocious.

0 Likes
Carrieyc
First Poster
Options

Thank you. Just thank you.

0 Likes