Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 28-05-2018 02:58 PM)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

Go to solution
254 REPLIES 254
REO1
Explorer
Options
This seems to be the solution that works for many. However dis not work on mine. I even disabled the health app and gear app on the phone with no change. Samsung needs to get their act together. Lying about it, mis informing customers, not using this forum as a resource for feedback on customer experience. Just aweful!!!! When you pay $200 to 300 for a smart watch it should work as advertised. When the mfg does a SW update that destroys the performance of the product there is clearly a problem. The really sad thing is it is a nice product when it works. Their CUSTOMER SUPPORT SUCKS!!!
0 Likes
VAD
Journeyman
Options

The whole problem is located (resides) on WiFi.
You have to disable WiFi while Bluetooth is ON.
Go to watch Settings > Connections >WiFi >Always Disable.

(adjust Brightness to 3 and Uncheck also Report Diagnostic and Usage Information)

...and you have a whole New Gear-S3
Good Day... :smiling-face: 

REO1
Explorer
Options
Tried this. No impact. Even after shutting off wifi and Bluetooth.
0 Likes
XTREMEBASE
Journeyman
Options

Full reset on watch and turned off update on phone and watch.Have also now turned off report diagnostics on watch just to be save since I read someone mentioning that could be the issue 2.Watchstill running good.

Wilq
Apprentice
Options

People ??!! Why you looking for solutions. This is no our problem. Why we should switch off wifi do hard reset etc?! This is samsung problem and they should give us new upadet so gear should work properly whitout switched anything!!

Alexpc73
Explorer
Options

@Wilq wrote:

People ??!! Why you looking for solutions. This is no our problem. Why we should switch off wifi do hard reset etc?! This is samsung problem and they should give us new upadet so gear should work properly whitout switched anything!!

That's true!! Samsung created this issue and they should fix it, but I think no one of us want to experience a bad behavior till this is fix, am I wrong?

XTREMEBASE
Journeyman
Options

We are pawns in the great scheme of things.Sometimes you must help yourself to find solutions to problems and as a good human beings share the solution.If you wait for others to help you are not alway going to win.

Wilq
Apprentice
Options

We pay around 200-300£ for a gear. Why i should stop using all the options what they give me?apss etc? If i dont want some extras i will buy watch for 100£ or less. 

VAD
Journeyman
Options

VAD
Journeyman
Options
, mine is working OK...after 6 hours and a full recharge is now in 91%. No WiFi but with Bluetooth (which is the PROBLEM) , ON. There should be an update on firmware for sure and soon, but until then, this solution is temporary...When you disable both working like a charm, regarding power. (but once again this is not the solution)PS: Try to remove any downloaded problematic watch faces also...
0 Likes