Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 06-12-2018 08:38 PM)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

254 REPLIES 254
darius18
Journeyman
Options

Scampatrol

Gear s3 gear frontier 

Iphone 5

tizen 3.0.0.2

software R760XXU2CRK2

knox 2.2.0

Dodo89
First Poster
Options

I ll get a new watch tomorrow what do you suggest? Should I delete the app on my phone ? Will it work if I keep the watch in older version? 

0 Likes
fotisgem
Mastermind
Options

didn't do the job for me....still having huge draining problem...seems that settigs app and then notification drain the most power 

rd400racer
Apprentice
Options

I'm to the point that I just don't get this watch. Had battery problems last week, reset, worked fine until 2 nights ago. Then I went to bed with 80% power and by 3am it died. Recharged it at 6am yesterday and it's only used 30% of it's power 36 hours later. It's on course to last 3 days, which it has never done.

Only comment I can make is...WTF!?

0 Likes
Kamil12
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I'm getting sick of it!! I spend  £300 to get a bloody thing. Had an issue for a while before last software update and I hope that the problem will be solved. It looks good for a fist few days and then get back to the situation befor an update.

I will try to give it back as I'm very dsapointed.

Unhappy123
Explorer
Options
Yes me neither
0 Likes
decoo
Student
Options

Install plugin 2.2.03.18101561 from mirror site and problem is solved. Back to 2-3 days of battery life.

0 Likes
PlanetUSA
Journeyman
Options

@decoo wrote:

Install plugin 2.2.03.18101561 from mirror site and problem is solved. Back to 2-3 days of battery life.

Can you provide a link to that file?

0 Likes
decoo
Student
Options

@PlanetUSA wrote:

@decoo wrote:

Can you provide a link to that file?

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/gear-s-plugin/gear-s-plugin-2-2-03-18101561...

0 Likes