Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 03-12-2018 01:45 AM)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

254 REPLIES 254
darius18
Journeyman
Options

Since doing the update on my watch, it lasted 3days 11 hours from fully charged down to 1%.  That's with all feature on except AOD and wifi. HR measurement taken every 10 mins. 3 days 11 hours is what the phone app says, in reality I charged it Tuesday morning, turned  it to watch only mode every night while I slept turning it back to normal in the morning. It is now Sunday morning and it is on 1%

Fred35
Journeyman
Options

That s what i seem to have, 3days and some hours.

0 Likes
scampatrol
Apprentice
Options

Hey Darius18,

3 days with BT turned ON is a huge improvement. Can you share:

1. Is it a Gear Frontier S3 watch?

2. What phone / model is it connecting to?

3. Tizen version?

4. Software version?

5. Knox version?

0 Likes
Fred35
Journeyman
Options

For me

Gear s3 frontier

Asus zenfone 3

Tizen 3.0.0.2

R760xxu2crk2

Seems ok for 3 days for me too.

.3 days 11h without hr every 10 min, and bt off used on demand.

.About 3 days 2hours with bt on on days and off on night

-> Testing with hr "every 10 minutes" on a'd bt on on day and off at night... Result in 2 or 3 days :smiling-face:

Yes it s a great improvment, was at 2 days and some hours before updating 

0 Likes
Fred35
Journeyman
Options
For me

Gear s3 frontier

Asus zenfone 3

Tizen 3.0.0.2

R760xxu2crk2

Seems ok for 3 days for me too.

.3 days 11h without hr every 10 min, and bt off used on demand.

.About 3 days 2hours with bt on on days and off on night

-> Testing with hr "every 10 minutes" on a'd bt on on day and off at night... Result in 2 or 3 days :smiling-face:

Yes it s a great improvment, was at 2 days and some hours before updating

0 Likes
Dodo89
First Poster
Options

Guys I have done something and battery life improved significantly .. But bare with me..

I had the same the same problem with most of you and apart from battery draining in 8 9 hours, heart rate stopped measuring as well.it just want workingaat all. I did all the steps mentioned here but I didn't turn off steps feature(healthy pace?) . I left some notifications like floor, one workout detection ( I disabled rest that I don't do at all) . Of course obvious battery drainers such as nfc WiFi, locations, hr always.. Etc I turned them off.. Brightness 1.. I deleted Downloaded Watch faces and downloaded apps (apart from Spotify) . 

I did hard reset nothing happened....  On the other hand, charging was taking 4 hours.. Ridiculous.

On Saturday, I tried  turning gear off, and turning on and kept repetitively pressing home button  (apparently there suppose to be an option to reset ur watch) but it didn't happen . So I repeated 4 5 times, watch turned  Off, then turned on, then I turned it off again and on... I didn't see that menu and it didn't happe. Then I gave up, I wanted to hard reset in conventional method by choosing reset from settings but before doing that I wanted to back up my watch settings and all I have. At that point, I realized I have 0gbspace + no battery info at all 😱. I could click on them clear memory, unnecessary files, check apps that consumes battery, but on the main panel they don't show any value, storage shows 4/4.It can't be possible because I didn't download anything. I checked battery life.gear app was messed up. At thst point battery level was 89% around 1500.  At 0200, I still had 54% battery.  I never put it to battery saving  always conected to my phone via bt ( it least it shows it was because it might be misleading if gear app is messed up). I charged it to 100% fairly quicker, and today I charged it again at 2000 when it had 60%. So since 10am till 2000 it consumed 40% heart rate started working aswell.  It kinda got fixed but battery app is not showing displays and watch also shows thst I have no space left and I abosutely have nothing new inside. 

0 Likes
Dodo89
First Poster
Options

Ok guys I ndidn*#9900# and I choose crr

Run log_dump, extract log_dump delete log_dump and storage gone back to 2.9gb available 

0 Likes
Dodo89
First Poster
Options

After fixing storage problem and Samsung Gear app started showing all indicators, battery drain rate slightly increased 

0 Likes
scampatrol
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Fred35 that explains it. I'm still sutck on R760xxu2crh1, also connecting to an iPhone 7+

Dear Santa,

Please bring me version R760xxu2crk2 for Christmas and I promise I will get straight A's and eat my veggies...

0 Likes
bialysz
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys,

I am using my Frontier with iPhone 7, the software version is R760XXU2CQK3 and I am not able to update the Tizen to 3.0.0.2 version - there's no option in Galaxy Watch app. I am facing the overheating and battery drain since few weeks, yesterday it was a total horror, battery went down from 100% to 15% in 3-4h. I did a hard reset today - will monitor the watch and battery. 

Do you know if there is an option for me to update the Tizen to 0.2? According to 
http://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-R760/TGY/doc.html

I cannot do that...

Thanks in advance

0 Likes