Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 18-10-2018 05:38 AM)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

254 REPLIES 254
Support3
Student
Options

The setting is in the health app.

I left my house this morning at 6 am with 100% , it is now 10:41 am and I have 12%

JWKRAMER61
Explorer
Options

I believe you are correct... I remember Samsung Health updating the night before all hell broke loose. I can't test, because I already took the Frontier S3 back to Best Buy, but I'm betting that will fix it.

The odd thing is, when I look in the Settings for the Samsung Health app, I see the toggle for "Detect Workouts" - but it is grayed out (and set to ON) on my phone... not sure why.

0 Likes
Gus12
Student
Options

Does anyone know what kind of factory warranty this come with? I've had mine about 6 months assuming it's too late to return/exchange.

0 Likes
JWKRAMER61
Explorer
Options

OK - so this is wierd. I went into the Samsung Health App, clicked on "Connected Services" - didn't change anything, just clicked BACK, now I can toggle Detect Workouts on/off...detect.jpg

0 Likes
Gus12
Student
Options

I had multiple Fitibts before upgrading to the S3 Frontier.  They sent me three replacements before I gave up, at least they acknowledged the product had issues

0 Likes
Gus12
Student
Options

The only thing showing under Connected Services for me is something called Strava, I have no idea what that is.

0 Likes
JWKRAMER61
Explorer
Options

see above pic.

0 Likes
Gus12
Student
Options

Thanks, I sse it now - hadn't scrolled down far enough. Mine is greyed out too.

0 Likes
Matt666
First Poster
Options

It definitely sounds like a software issue. I was getting 2.5 days out of the S3 Frontier on a full charge but since the last update it wont last more than a half a day. I only use the default watch faces (mainly the digital watch face in white) and have always had the auto heart rate and work out detections on and connected to my phone via Blutooth without much loss of battery life.

When I did have issues, it was usually after a software update, but I could always fix it by factory resetting my S3 and restoring it. This time has been an exception and even switching the watch to battery saving made, it have deminished at exactly the same rate as having it on normal.

Funnily enough my Samsung Galaxy S7 recently updated around the same time and is also failing to last a full day on full charge, requiring me to take a power bank with me just in case. Something definitely doesn't sound right with the recent OS updates.

0 Likes
Ste828
Apprentice
Options
Mine is greyed out too
0 Likes