Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 AOD not working - disable touch screen wake-up option missing. Please fix both. Thank you.

(Topic created on: 04-07-2018 10:06 PM)
Taiji2078
Pioneer
Options

Hello,

After the 3.0.0.2 update (I'm from Italy - EU), on any face I'm using (stock or bought), the watch is keeping the Always On Display alive only for the time set until the display should go to sleep (15 seconds in my case). After the 15 seconds have passed, the screen goes full dark, no AOD.

This isn't normal. I was using AOD before the 3.0.0.2 update and the clock was always on, as it should, with minimal background lights.

Also I hate that it is waking up on screen touch. It's just another battery drainer that should be disabled.

I resetted the watch, reinstalled all the apps, I did everything I could. No change. AOD just doesn't want to be always on.

Any ideas ? Is it another bug waiting to be fixed ? I'm using the monochromatic display, for personal reasons.

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Taiji2078
Pioneer
Options

Reverting to color display, the AOD works just fine.

You should look into this. To me it looks like a bug. I would like to be able to use the Accessibility - Vision - Grayscale option since it would save some battery while having AOD on.

I don't like to have a piece of dead black brick on my wrist so AOD stays on for me.

Thank you.

Bye

0 Likes
Mehkari
First Poster
Options

Try switching off the Good night mode. It worked for me.

0 Likes