Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Iconx 2018 and HP Spectre X360

(Topic created on: 25-09-2018 06:39 PM)
mohar
First Poster
Options

Hi. I really hope someone can help.

I just got the Gear Iconx 2018 today. They work absolutely fine with my Note 9. However, I'm having major problems with my laptop. I really need them to work with my laptop, otehrwise I'll have to return them 😞

I have an HP Spextre X360, with an Intel Ac-8265 wireless card. This has Bluetooth built in.

The Iconx connect to my laptop, however there are two major problems: 

1) when I change the volume on the earbuds, the volume on the laptop doesn't change;

2) sound is distorted and doesn't sync. It skips with audio and video files, both streaming and playing locally.

I was on the latest Bluetooth drivers (20.70). I've downgraded through all the ones  that are available, to the ones that came with the laptop (19.). It's still not working. 

I tried the earbuds on another HP laptop which has an AC-3165, and they work fine on that one. That laptop is using Bluetooth version 20.20. I tried that, too, and it's still not working.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've removed Bluetooth and reisntalled it, and reset the earbuds. No luck 😞

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
mohar
First Poster
Options

If anyone's interested, I've made some progress in my investigation.

The laptop on which the earbuds work fine is using Microsoft's Bluetooth drivers. Mines uses Intel's.

On my laptop, I can choose the sound to come through the Iconx as a hands-free device. This uses Microsoft's drivers, and the audio is fine and does not skip at all. However, this profile does not allow me to change volume.

The other thing I noticed was that the other laptop has an avrcp profile installed, but my laptop, the X360, does not install that for some reason.

The Investigation continues!

0 Likes