Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear IconX disconnect on calls

(Topic created on: 15-05-2019 04:51 PM)
psssmarina1
Pathfinder
Options

Hi All,

I got IconX wireless headphones as a Xmas present and although they are beautiful when they work, they rarely work as they should. I would never adive someone to spend 200 euros on this device.

I already got a replacement but it did not help, after sometimes problems come back again.

Last one, which is really annoying, is that when I use them with a phone call they continuosly connect and disconnect, so it is impossible to use them or even the phone, until I turn off the bluetooth on the phone.

Yesterday I was listening to audio book with no problem, pairing was fine, I get a phone call, I hear the ring in the headphones and the connect/disconnect begins. I happens also if I connect before calling, or during a call and no multimedia is running. Tried everything, reset, switch off, I have a Samsung S9+ but it was happening also with a S7edge.

All the other bluetooh devices (including other less expensive headphones) pair perfectly with the phone.

Can Samsung help me?

thanks Marina

25 REPLIES 25
psssmarina1
Pathfinder
Options

I think that Samsung should give us the new buds coming with S10, or at least give a great offer to those who wasted 200 euros on the IconX 2018. 

Being annoyed by Samsung behaviour I already switched from Samsung Tab to Ipad, I think I'm going to do same with the phone  . Their assistance is useless, they should admit IconX do not work and refund us someway.

Marina

ZM
First Poster
Options

Yeah these where not worth the money, I can only listen to music with one ear and can't even make calls 

0 Likes
EOBrien4th
First Poster
Options
So I guess Samsung hasn't fixed this issue yet.. I guess it's time for some Apple AirBuds
Rishtavia
Student
Options

I am contemplating a switch to apple as well. 

0 Likes
pured
Navigator
Options

Ok i am one like many here facing the disconnect sensor issue and i had them aside of that. I read about the tape fix to attach to the sensor but that didn't work well cause you could use them only for listening music not for talking cause they seem to not be paired for that untill i came with the idea to attach a tinny piece of fabric to the sensor and a smal piece of tape hold it in place. I said what i got to loose! Conclusion: it works flawless as it should....no disconnect,talking with it also great! I use it 7 days seems the cover with fabric to the sensor make it steady like you wear them all time. Try it! I use a fabric for sunglasses! Let me know 😀

0 Likes
JETSFAN0786
First Poster
Options

I just read a post and the problem is with the little glass sensors they have to cleaned and put in the ear all the way, I did that and they work fine now but its still a problem if they get even a little bit dirty as in if you use them at the gym and and sweat it will make them disconnect 

0 Likes
psssmarina1
Pathfinder
Options

In April I receive an update of the firmware, it was supposed to improve the Bluetooth connection, it did not change anything to me. Did it work for someone else?

thanks Marina

pured
Navigator
Options

Non update fix the issue for me only the trick I posted

0 Likes
asweet811
First Poster
Options

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I contacted Samsung and since mine were just mos past the warranty I was basically told oh well, and they never heard of this issue which seems untrue. So I am out 200.00 and they just don't care to anything to help.

0 Likes
psssmarina1
Pathfinder
Options

No, I just gave up and bought wireless headphones of another brand. I hope to have more luck, at least they cost much less.

I don't feel like selling the IconX, since they do not work correctly, so just 200 euro thrown away .:serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

Ciao Marina