Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Fit 2 Pro GPS Inaccurate

(Topic created on: 09-01-2018 06:54 PM)
L1ng
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

I've owned the Gear Fit 2 Pro for about a month now and I have to say I really like it - It has some great features for the price.

The only thing that is holding me back from loving the device is that the GPS when running seems to be pretty inaccurate in parts. I have so far recorded 2 identical runs (same distance) on the Samsung Health app and they are both difference in recorded distance and GPS (see images).

I have made sure that I have disconnected my phone in good time to allow for the watch to pick up its own GPS location but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

See the images for a small snippet of the runs - I have marked in red my actual route - The blue line denotes how the GPS recorded. Note that one says 1.68 miles and the other 2.28 miles even though they are the exact same distance.capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Could anyone tell me if they are having a similar experience?

Tom

53 REPLIES 53
Catsfeet
Apprentice
Options

I should have mentioned the distance unit is set in: Settings->Profile->Distance unit.

0 Likes
darenasuk
First Poster
Options

Hi guys,

I have noticed same problem with fit2 pro. With phone is ok only then battery is optimized. If you are using any battery power saving - gps signal won't be accuratre. Today I run only using fit2 pro and distance measured was 4.3km but real distance is around 5.5km

0 Likes
Catsfeet
Apprentice
Options

I noticed that too in the latter days of my Gear Fit2 Pro.  I say "latter days" because I have abandoned it.  It got wet and after a LOT of fanagling with Samsung, they repaired it.  It seemed to work ok for awhile but then stopped with the same message I got when I first had it repaired.  It was out of warranty so I took it apart and there was a fair amount of blue copper oxide visible in the circuitry.  The screws are covered by inadequate rubber-ish plugs that IMHO, can't help but leak.  I decided I had had enough and shelved it; too many problems.

Interestingly, my GearS3 has similar, occaisonal GPS and heart-rate cut-outs.  Even my Note9 has this problem.  This is definitely a Samsung issue so I'm pretty skeptical about their quality.  I love the GearS3 and still use it but, of course, it is not waterproof and can't be used for swimming.  When it works (99% of the time), it is very accurate.

I have gotten my money's worth out of the GearS3 and I love the Note9 but the Gear Fit2 Pro is not a good device.

FWIW, I just ordered a Huawei GT2.  It is not as feature-full as the GearS3 (not quite!) but it has great battery life and is good for swimming (and is on sale right now!).

0 Likes
ThisIsKumar
First Poster
Options

Hi, how do we access gps?

I have ‘Galaxy Wearable’ app on my android phone.

0 Likes