Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Fit 2 Pro GPS Inaccurate

(Topic created on: 13-01-2018 09:35 PM)
L1ng
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

I've owned the Gear Fit 2 Pro for about a month now and I have to say I really like it - It has some great features for the price.

The only thing that is holding me back from loving the device is that the GPS when running seems to be pretty inaccurate in parts. I have so far recorded 2 identical runs (same distance) on the Samsung Health app and they are both difference in recorded distance and GPS (see images).

I have made sure that I have disconnected my phone in good time to allow for the watch to pick up its own GPS location but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

See the images for a small snippet of the runs - I have marked in red my actual route - The blue line denotes how the GPS recorded. Note that one says 1.68 miles and the other 2.28 miles even though they are the exact same distance.capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Could anyone tell me if they are having a similar experience?

Tom

53 REPLIES 53
Sloany
First Poster
Options

I'm also having the same issue with my gear fit 2 pro, I have run two 5k races (3.1 miles) and had recorded distances of 2.98 and 3 miles. Looking at the data on the map it's wildly off the path I was running on. I'm hoping it's something that can be fixed with an update as id hate to have to send the watch back.

L1ng
Journeyman
Options

What really strange is that using the Gear Fit 2 Pro while cycling produces really accurate GPS results - Even in the areas where I run and get bad results. So it makes me hopeful that it can be resolved with a software update.

0 Likes
DevinH
Apprentice
Options

I've had a couple of fairly accurate measurements, but my last two runs, while accurately tracked map wise, came up miserably short mileage wise.  I used On The Go Map (great website if you don't have a divice or want to measure the accuracy of whatever you're using) to determine a run of approximately 4.68 miles showed up on my Gear as 2.23 miles.  Both inaccurately measured runs were almost 1/2 of what I actually ran, giving me outstandingly poor mileage times up in the 20 minute range.  I could a mile backwards faster than that!  Does anyone know if there's a way to calibrate the Gear Fit equipment?

ewu
Apprentice
Options
I have the exact same issue here. The gear fit2 pro appears to be inaccurate at all. Any advice?
RyanAllspach
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem the watch as significantly lower distances than are posted on maps and the internet. I’ve tried with mothe the Samsung Exersize and MapMyRun apps but both seem to have inaccurate gps data.

0 Likes
DevinH
Apprentice
Options

And no Samsung rep has provided any sort or response on their own website.  Curious and slightly disturbing...

0 Likes
koning1
First Poster
Options

Strangely enough after looking at the health app and it's GPS tracker I noticed the exact same problem and that's with the phone's GPS so both the gears GPS and the cellphones GPS is inaccurate

0 Likes
L1ng
Journeyman
Options

Has anyone had any luck with the latest update - I haven't had the oppotunity to test it yet but I noticed that you could lock onto GPS before an activity starts.

0 Likes
John420
Journeyman
Options

GPS is still jumping around on me with the update. Now have HR issues too. About to just return it

0 Likes