Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy watch steps on walking activity

(Topic created on: 12-09-2018 11:57 AM)
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Hi, hopefully I am missing something but when I choose an activity such as 'Walk' on galaxy watch it doesnt actually report on steps taken in watch or Samsung Health? Seems bizzare to me, is this normal? 

sh.jpg

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
DannyT
Options
Hi there, @GaryBrett.

This is normal. It should still, however, add those steps to your daily total.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Hmm, so its not really possible to verify how many steps taken on a walk or run or even treadmil unless I check starting steps and then calculate at end? has it always been like that, coming from Fitbit devices, seems very odd to me, the data is there but they choose not to display it?

Thanks anyway, appreciate your help

Solution
DannyT
Options
Unfortunately not, @GaryBrett. We can certainly pass this feedback on for you though!

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
DannyT That would be great if you could, seems very strange to me for not having it there, just my view :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, I have had my Galaxy watch since the 7th September and I would like to get information regarding steps taken during a workout. I left Fitbit in favour of trying the Galaxy Watch and steps information during a workout is something that I miss. Hopefully this could come in an update? 

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@Rach77 I've put a request in for that too, hopefully it may come. Data is there, they just choose not to display it for some reason

Rach77
Pathfinder
Options
Thank you for replying. Here's hoping.
0 Likes
SkipFire
First Poster
Options

Sign me up for this one too, I'm a fitbit convert and this is the most frustrating thing on the watch.  I got the LTE version so I can still have phone access when I run without taking my phone (I really like that), but not having the steps during a walk/run is boggling, especially when trying to hit a step goal for the day.

0 Likes
Sunnyme
First Poster
Options

It is January 2019, and we're still waiting to see step count in the walking activity. I'm kinda amazed that Samsung has still not 'fixed' this issue, when, like the OP mentioned, the data is already there. I want to see my step count for a specific activity, and currently the only way out is to monitor my total step count before an activity and then subtract the steps added during the activity.

Hey Samsung, we're using the 'smart' watches to track our activity, not to improve our math skills. Nearly all other smartwatches/fitness trackers have this basic feature. Seriously, when are you going to fix this issue?