Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 30-09-2018 02:30 PM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
Johnasee
Journeyman
Options

That's a different watch.

0 Likes
Johnasee
Journeyman
Options
This is a completely different watch.
0 Likes
GalaxyRash
First Poster
Options

Sorry to debase your obviously uninformed thesis. As the pic I included in the post indicates, the rash does not appear anywhere near the metal pieces of the watch. It only appears around the wristband ( and not the metal parts of the wristband). The reaction has to do with the chemical compounds in the wristband, not any metal. 

0 Likes
GalaxyRash
First Poster
Options
This is not the same watch, and also not where the rash is appearing.
0 Likes
MrMethodz
Explorer
Options

I haven't seen anything from them as of yet.  So until I've seen something, no.

0 Likes
Johnasee
Journeyman
Options
Obviously you have an obvious different obvious issue than the rest of us, obviously informed thesis meta obvious.
gvalentino
First Poster
Options

I can't really understand what Samsung used to save half a millicent for this watchstrap.. I just wrote them as I'm also totally negative to allergies and my rash after 4/5 of use.. are warring me even more..

If they won't answer me I'll formalize a report to my local healt agency

Zeedai
Student
Options

I have had the watch for a year now and only wear it once or twice a day. From week 1 I had rashes and itchiness. It's getting worse now. I am back to my G-Shock. £120 watch belt is better then £400 watch. Has anyone tried changing belts? Does it help15573708056967900590792493458651.jpg

Courtney1
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem. Oddly enough I was fine during the winter months but as soon as the weather broke I developed 3 rashes. My wrist look horrible and it's embarrassing bc I'm a photographer and it really stands out.

0 Likes
dbell9
First Poster
Options

I also have a wrist burn or rash on my wrist as well

0 Likes