Support

Open search

Galaxy watch rash

Explorer

@CarlH wrote:

Hi @Jayde

When you wear the Galaxy Watch for a long time or do a high-intensity exercise while wearing it, skin irritation may occur due to friction and pressure. If you are wearing your Galaxy Watch for a long time, remove the Galaxy Watch from your wrist and do not wear your Galaxy Watch for several hours.

  • Skin irritation may occur due to an allergy, environment factors, other factors, or when your skin is exposed to soap or sweat for long periods. In this case, stop using your Galaxy Watch and wait 2 or 3 days for the symptoms to ease. If the symptoms persist or worsen, immediately call your doctor.
  • Make sure your skin is dry before wearing your Galaxy Watch. If you wear a wet Galaxy Watch for a long time, your skin may be affected.
  • If you use your Galaxy Watch in the water, remove foreign materials from your skin and Galaxy Watch and dry them thoroughly to prevent the skin irritation.
  • Do not use any accessories except the Galaxy Watch in the water.

What did the agent on the phone say to you?

 

 


Once again Carl, spouting the corporate line is just drivel. We know there is a problem with the strap for many people, and Samsung have been paying out compensation to cover the cost of replacement straps. 

Explorer

@Jayde wrote:

I have the Same issue too. Had the watch for a week. I contact support but they did not want to help . I asked to escalate the issue the handler said I will receive a call from their supervisor . It never happened! It's a disgrace . The redness is more apparent in real light . I've worn various smart watches for over 3 years and never experienced this before .    Please help Samsung!


Contact them again Jayde and insist on a part refund to cover the cost of a replacement non-silicone strap. No matter what they tell you, nothing should result in such a skin reaction to a watch strap, especially one on a fitness/smart watch designed to be worn when exercising etc.

 

I received a part-refund from Samsung UK back in November to cover a similar reaction to yours and others.

First Poster

I would just like to say I have been following a guide that was given to me and the rash is gone also I've be drying my wrist and the watch after any activity and it's bee  much better also  having chanced to setting so the watch needs to be charged each day means it's off my wrist for 1-2 hours which has helped aswell

Explorer

@remmy wrote:

I would just like to say I have been following a guide that was given to me and the rash is gone also I've be drying my wrist and the watch after any activity and it's bee  much better also  having chanced to setting so the watch needs to be charged each day means it's off my wrist for 1-2 hours which has helped aswell


I’ve never needed to follow a ‘guide’ about how to wear a watch before. I just used the part-refund Samsung UK issued me and bought a leather strap. No further problems. No issues with having to mess about just because the supplied silicone strap was causing a serious skin reaction. I wear mine now for 3-4 days in between charges.

First Poster

It may be a case that it's causing a issues for a few in my case I belive it's a friction issue which is hardly something Samsung can avoid there is no metal strap I like the look of or think will be comfortable for me and leather straps make my wrist sweat which would not make the issues worse 

Explorer

@remmy wrote:

It may be a case that it's causing a issues for a few in my case I belive it's a friction issue which is hardly something Samsung can avoid there is no metal strap I like the look of or think will be comfortable for me and leather straps make my wrist sweat which would not make the issues worse 


It IS definitely a case that it’s causing an issue for more than a few. You’re lucky yours is just down to friction. Others, including me were having far more serious reactions to the silicone strap, which have been 100% resolved by using a leather strap. If anything, I am now wearing the watch more, all the time except for a couple of hours every 3-4 days.

First Poster

I have the same issue and I only wear the watch for 8 hours a day. I can't wear it at work and I take it off at night. So you're telling us that you want us to wear the watch less than 8 hours a day? Is that an early April fool's joke?

Explorer

@Xanice wrote:

I have the same issue and I only wear the watch for 8 hours a day. I can't wear it at work and I take it off at night. So you're telling us that you want us to wear the watch less than 8 hours a day? Is that an early April fool's joke?


It is crazy that a quality product was shipped with a strap that causes these problems for many. It’s all well and good people saying ‘“it’s friction, tough” but surely it’s not unreasonable to want to wear your watch without it causing skin burns and blistering? 

First Poster

@CarlH wrote:

Hi @Jayde

When you wear the Galaxy Watch for a long time or do a high-intensity exercise while wearing it, skin irritation may occur due to friction and pressure. If you are wearing your Galaxy Watch for a long time, remove the Galaxy Watch from your wrist and do not wear your Galaxy Watch for several hours.

  • Skin irritation may occur due to an allergy, environment factors, other factors, or when your skin is exposed to soap or sweat for long periods. In this case, stop using your Galaxy Watch and wait 2 or 3 days for the symptoms to ease. If the symptoms persist or worsen, immediately call your doctor.
  • Make sure your skin is dry before wearing your Galaxy Watch. If you wear a wet Galaxy Watch for a long time, your skin may be affected.
  • If you use your Galaxy Watch in the water, remove foreign materials from your skin and Galaxy Watch and dry them thoroughly to prevent the skin irritation.
  • Do not use any accessories except the Galaxy Watch in the water.

What did the agent on the phone say to you?

 

 



Thank you for your reply. I do not use it for exercise also I'm aware of the DOS and don'ts re hygiene . As I mentioned in my previous post this has never happend before with my previous watches with rubber bands. This I why I find it strange . I will take your advise and leave it off for a few days for my rash to heel . But if it happens again I will return the watch for a full refund as it's not fit for purpose.

 

Please see below our chat transcript .

Jay E
10:17:34Hi my new watch is leaving my wrist with burn type, irritating red marks - my previous samsung smart watch never did this- I Have photos too if that helps? Please help!
*****
10:17:35Welcome to Samsung Support. Please allow me a moment to read through your enquiry.
10:20:41Hi, Jay! My name is *** from Samsung Support. I hope you're doing well. Let me go ahead and help you with your Smart watch that leaving your wrist with burn type and irritating red marks.
10:20:53I'll just capture some details so I can assist you. If you have any questions about how we Samsung Electronics UK Limited, use your personal information you can find out more at www.samsung.com/uk/info/privacy.Just so you're aware, this may include using your personal data to provide support related updates and assess and improve the way we support our customers, including carrying out customer satisfaction surveys.
Jay E
10:21:00Thanks
*****
10:21:36You're welcome, Jay.
10:22:30Hi, Jay. When you wear the Galaxy Watch for a long time or do a high-intensity exercise while wearing it, skin irritation may occur due to friction and pressure. If you are wearing your Galaxy Watch for a long time, remove the Galaxy Watch from your wrist and do not wear your Galaxy Watch for several hours.
10:22:48Skin irritation may occur due to an allergy, environment factors, other factors, or when your skin is exposed to soap or sweat for long periods. In this case, stop using your Galaxy Watch and wait 2 or 3 days for the symptoms to ease. If the symptoms persist or worsen, immediately call your doctor.
10:23:00Make sure your skin is dry before wearing your Galaxy Watch. If you wear a wet Galaxy Watch for a long time, your skin may be affected.
10:23:12If you use your Galaxy Watch in the water, remove foreign materials from your skin and Galaxy Watch and dry them thoroughly to prevent the skin irritation.
10:23:20Do not use any accessories except the Galaxy Watch in the water.
Jay E
10:29:53Right, It is very odd this as my previous samsung watch with a rubber strap has never made any marks on to my skin? I had my previous wath for 2 years with no effect on my skin - Nothing has changed in my circumstances - I have only been wearing the new watch for a week and started seeing these marks after 3-4 days - I understand you statements above but Ive never had an issue before -. I think there is something wrong with the new rubber strap- I have paid £300.00 for a watch that has left me with burn type marks - I have worn watches all my life and NEVER experienced this. Surely theres something to help me? Or to explain why this particular strap is causing these issues, and after looking online I'm not the only one many people are experiencing the same issues.
*****
10:33:40I do apologise for what you are experiencing, Jay.\
Jay E
10:36:09ok....
10:38:42Do you have any thing else to add ?
*****
10:40:49Please follow those advices that I have sent to this chat, Jay.
Jay E
10:43:50***, you seem to be not interested in my issues - You have not gave me an explanation from my previous message? This is not satisfactory from a Samsung Representative. The advice you gave me is generic! I would like this escalating please to someone who cares.
10:44:16Also I need a copy of this transcript please.
10:44:34sent to my email address
*****
10:46:03I do understand that, Jay. Since you want to have it escalated, may I have your best contact number so my supervisor can call you regarding this issue, Jay.
Jay E
10:47:05Tele - UK - 079.00000000 Also a copy of the transcript chat please
*****
10:47:45Yes, Jay. After our chat, there will be an option to have it printed or to send this to your email, Jay.
Jay E*****
10:49:46Aside from this, is there anything else that I can help you with?
Jay E
10:49:56No thanks.
*****
10:50:45You're very much welcome, Jay. Please expect a call back within the day. It was my pleasure assisting you today. If you require additional support, you can find How-To videos, answers to your questions and other useful information about Samsung products on our Support website www.samsung.com/uk/support. We will appreciate if you give us some feedback on how I assisted you today which will help us to serve you better. Thank you for chatting with Samsung Support, once again, my name is ***. If you have a minute, please click on the ‘X’ button to receive the transcript of your chat and a quick survey on how I assisted you today. Have a great day!
Timezone: Greenwich Mean Time
Start: 2019-01-11 10:17:30
Queue: 01|Phones, Wearables & Accessories
Name: Jay E
Model: Galaxy Watch 46mm
Serial-No.: R5000000

 

 

 

First Poster
Thank you Marky. I will take your advice.
Top Liked Authors