Support

Open search

Galaxy watch rash

Highlighted
I have the same problem and because I have dark skin the burns around my wrist look really bad. With so many people complaing about this perhaps contacting watchdog may be better
Highlighted
First Poster
I have this same issue and the rash is very bad. I have no allergies. I'm pretty annoyed that this has happened too, considering the watch is quite expensive. What can I do to stop this happening?
Highlighted

I have the exact rash, did you ever find a resolution?

Highlighted
First Poster

Yes, I got rid of the band, and replaced it with a 2-pack I found on Amazon, and haven't had any rash whatsoever. Samsung will not replace the band, or do anything to help. 15870912673094748225901038646286.jpg

1587091293807132521692876050435.jpg

Highlighted
Apprentice

I ended up replacing the band.

Highlighted
First Poster

Unfortunately, no. I've just been trying to dry it after getting it wet & not wearing it so much. Not wearing it so much has made the red appear less, but my skin there is still dry.

Highlighted
Apprentice
I think only replacing the band with one that is not latex will be your permanent solution. Too bad to not wear such a cool and useful watch.
Highlighted
First Poster

It's the watch face as well as the band that's causing the rash for me so sadly replacing the band won't work 

Highlighted
First Poster

I have experienced the same rash issue. It has left me using the watch for primarily a sleep monitor. I have had countless Timex Ironman, Casio G-Shock and other "active" watches with what I would characterize as rubber or plastic watch bands. I could wear those 24/7 for months at a time without any rash. I still wear a couple of them to see if I've developed any skin sensitivity but have no rash with these other watches. What materials are in the watch strap that comes standard with the Gear S3 Frontier? Does it contain any latex or silicone? Thanks!

Highlighted
First Poster

Same here. It's the watch face for me. I haven't worn my watch for 2 full days and this is how the spot looks. It reminds me of a flat scar where the skin is shinier and darker. In the photo it has a red tint, but in person it's a darker tint of my skin tone. It's as if my skin was literally burned. I did not have any rash from my previous smart watch, which was a generic one from Amazon. I love my Active2, but this is concerning. After not wearing for 2 full daysAfter not wearing for 2 full days

Top Liked Authors