Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 02-03-2019 02:47 AM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
SarahC2
First Poster
Options

I have developed the same thing on the outside of my wrist. It doesn't hurt just a big red splotch that looks really dry. There isn't any raised information on that part of the band and it isn't too tight or super loose and I take it off daily to charge and when I shower. Interested to know if they have been able to narrow down what the issue could be?

0 Likes
Ty4
First Poster
Options

Hi @SarahC2 I spoke to Samsung customer care and he said did I read the T&C appartly we have to wash the strap with plain water as he said there might be chemicals on the the strap from the factory that is causing the rash we all getting hope that helps 

0 Likes
MikeBuck
First Poster
Options

I've had no reactionary on my wrist since using alcohol wipes to clean the strap and back of the watch.

0 Likes
catflap
Navigator
Options

RAW
This photo was taken just a few minutes ago.
Everyday people are posting comments & pictures, to the official Samsung support websites and message boards ,of their rashes or allergic reactions to either the Samsung Galaxy watch itself or it's wristband.
As of today Samsung has neither responded to any of the comments and complaints, nor have they offered any type of resolution.
#samsung #galaxywatch #rash
@SamsungMobileOfficial @Samsung⁠News⁠Pro20190302_082722.jpg

0 Likes
Gazza40
Pathfinder
Options

They want nothing to do with it I've sold mine and gone back to gear S2 sport which is basically the same as the watch hasn't changed much over the years. Never had this problem before and the support you get from Samsung is shocking 

0 Likes
SteveGSY
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same. I've come from Apple Watch and had that rash from that originally. I believe it's because the skin is always moist. Mine isn't irritating. 

0 Likes
Bongoz
Apprentice
Options

Same rash like everyone elseSame rash like everyone else

Only had the watch a couple of months might still be able to return it to Costco after spending$300 I really don't want to spend more on another band

0 Likes
TheHelios
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my Galaxy watch after I wear it for more than 2 days.  It doesn't burn nor itch. Its just red and kind of scary looking. Thinking about switching back to my Fitbit.

20190305_003032.jpg20190305_003108.jpg

0 Likes
Bongoz
Apprentice
Options

@TheHelios wrote:

I have the same problem with my Galaxy watch after I wear it for more than 2 days.  It doesn't burn nor itch. Its just red and kind of scary looking. Thinking about switching back to my Fitbit.

@TheHelios wrote:

0 Likes
Bongoz
Apprentice
Options
Im in Thailand for a couple more days. Returning to the US if I can still return it to Costco probably will or try another band from Amazon maybe leather or metal...
0 Likes