Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 25-02-2019 12:19 AM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
Loi79
Apprentice
Options

I have the samsung rose gold and I'm having the same problem. I thought I'm just wearing it a little tight so I move it on my right arm and it did the same.

0 Likes
Gazza40
Pathfinder
Options

All these people with the same problem and not one Samsung comment or sorting the problem out 

0 Likes
MONTE2
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue here. Burn like spots that ich on my wrist. Anyone get an answer from Samsung yet?

Galaxy watch 42mm

20190224_133947.jpg

20190224_133927.jpg

0 Likes
Loi79
Apprentice
Options

Called their service number regards the issue having skin rash and they told me that there is nothing they can do about it for it is not covered for the warranty of parts and repair. They just advice me to purchase a new band for the watch.

Gazza40
Pathfinder
Options
That's the thing on most people it's not the strap it's the watch itself shocking customer service by Samsung just like there shocking updates for everything. Think it's time to switch to another andriod company
0 Likes
Ty4
First Poster
Options

I've just brought this watch and I got a rash it looks like a burn

0 Likes
Ty4
First Poster
Options

Looks like a burnLooks like a burn

0 Likes
Ty4
First Poster
Options

I've got the Samsung galaxy watch 46mm and I've got burn like marks it looks like I'm still wearing it when I took it off

0 Likes
Dfulf
Journeyman
Options
Utterly and thoroughly disappointed in SAMSUNG response and lack of care of concern. I just have no word to describe my disappointment. #SAMSUNGWAKEUP
lexamom
First Poster
Options

Can you provide a link to get this band?  I cannot find a leather band that covers the bottom of the watch.

0 Likes