Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 21-01-2019 08:58 PM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
Captainjareth0
First Poster
Options

@Roro87 wrote:

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

15481009631582261183520346215520.jpg

15481009943041019506742436674921.jpg

0 Likes
BeaJoann
Apprentice
Options
I read somewhere it is the nickel they put in the rose gold stainless steel that causes the rash. Not sure if Samsung could send us hypoallergenic replacement bands, without them, I cannot use this expensive watch which I purchased for tracking my sleep among other things, so I do want to wear it during the day and at night but now can not.

@Captainjareth0 wrote:

@Roro87 wrote:

Cheers

15481009631582261183520346215520.jpg

15481009943041019506742436674921.jpg

0 Likes
Sletto
Explorer
Options

The rashes are not restricted to the rose gold watches. It appears from wear of most models of the galaxy watch. 

As I've said before, after cleaning my watch with soap, and cleaning agents used to remove fat and other substances before spray painting cars etc, and replacing the band with a metal band, All problems with rashes disappeared.

I think that the rashes actually is an allergic reaction caused by Samsung saving money by not cleaning the watches good enough to remove all chemicals used in the production, especially from the plastic  moldings. 

BeaJoann
Apprentice
Options

Could you please point me to the specific name of the band that you ordered. I looked online and there are many replacement bands. I dont want to accidentally order another one that gives me a rection.

Sym0n
Journeyman
Options

I too am getting a rash from my watch, just the strap and not as severe as your's. I figure I'll swap the strap out for a metal one, as tbh the rubber one looks cheap, any recommendations?

0 Likes
Sletto
Explorer
Options
I bought this band, have used it for 6 weeks now, and haven't had any rashes after that.
You can buy any 22mm band. It's actually one of the perks with the galaxy watch.
A good advice is to buy either a all leather band with a stainless steel buckle, or a all stainless steel band.
invert
Explorer
Options
My presumption from the beginning was that it was contaminated with something. I've cleaned mine but I'm kinda scared to use it my hand still hasn't recovered fully. Trying it on the other feels too risky for me. I didn't get other band as I'm still waiting for samsung's response(plus I have no guarantees about the band quality and it's attachment to the watch for example). For now there is none...
Sym0n
Journeyman
Options

That's a shame, I'd have thought that Samsung would have been quite quick to jump on something as serious as this, your arm looks really painful. If you get no where I'd suggest contacting the EU CEO.

@Sletto wrote:
I bought this band, have used it for 6 weeks now, and haven't had any rashes after that.
You can buy any 22mm band. It's actually one of the perks with the galaxy watch.
A good advice is to buy either a all leather band with a stainless steel buckle, or a all stainless steel band.

Thanks, I've ordered a stainless steel one from Amazon.

0 Likes
Matthew7
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I ordered a new strap, but the worst of my rash is where the sensor sits on my wrist. What did you use to clean the sensor?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew15482648907545348331670584002501.jpg

0 Likes
Mattalways247
Student
Options
0 Likes