Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 15-01-2019 03:50 PM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
MarkyFY
Explorer
Options

@Jayde wrote:
Thank you Marky. I will take your advice.

I pushed back on Samsung UK when they tried to fob me off a couple of months ago, and eventually it was escalated to a department that deals with such problems. The initial escalation from the first line support appears to be designed to waste time and hope you’ll just give up and go away. Just keep pushing and you may get through to the right department to take you seriously.

Shocking/Surprising/Disppointing that Samsung seem to think it’s ok to treat loyal customers with such contempt.

0 Likes
Jayde
First Poster
Options

@MarkyFY wrote:

@Jayde wrote:
Thank you Marky. I will take your advice.

I pushed back on Samsung UK when they tried to fob me off a couple of months ago, and eventually it was escalated to a department that deals with such problems. The initial escalation from the first line support appears to be designed to waste time and hope you’ll just give up and go away. Just keep pushing and you may get through to the right department to take you seriously.

Shocking/Surprising/Disppointing that Samsung seem to think it’s ok to treat loyal customers with such contempt.

Thanks for your reply .I will certainly contact them again .

0 Likes
HuhOkay
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same problem! S3 classic, rash started appearing a month or so into wearing it. 

0 Likes
invert
Explorer
Options

Same rash started to appear. IMG_20190114_162243[1].jpgIMG_20190114_162255[1].jpgIMG_20190114_162334[1].jpg

So far I've considered calling support but as far as I see they are not taking this serious... I've cleaned the back of the watch with rectified spirit 98%. Somewhere in this thread it was mentioned that helped solving the issue with hr monitor rash.
Morover I am currently waiting for new nylon band I ordered.

0 Likes
Snitz
First Poster
Options

Only just bothered to look into this as I now have the rash on both wrists and can no longer wear my watch.

This has happened all year, multiple skin creams have helped fix it, but it returns when i put the watch back on.

Have we got a solution or answer from Samsung yet?

0 Likes
invert
Explorer
Options

Well changing the belt helps from rubber to any other, but if the rash persists in the place of heart rate monitor try puting tape on it(or the one for phone and cut a circle out) I've cleaned mine with alcohol as I've read it should help. (I haven't tested the watch since my hand is still inflamed and the belt didn't came yet not risking using original one even after same cleaning with alcohol)

edit: I've contacted the support to get partial refund for a new belt. (But if hr monitor still does damage I'm going for full refund)

0 Likes
kai14
Student
Options

@invert wrote:

Well changing the belt helps from rubber to any other, but if the rash persists in the place of heart rate monitor try puting tape on it(or the one for phone and cut a circle out) I've cleaned mine with alcohol as I've read it should help. (I haven't tested the watch since my hand is still inflamed and the belt didn't came yet not risking using original one even after same cleaning with alcohol)

edit: I've contacted the support to get partial refund for a new belt. (But if hr monitor still does damage I'm going for full refund)

Is there a particular tape you have in mind? Also update on going for full refund if HR monitor continues to irritate the skin.

0 Likes
invert
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
remmy
First Poster
Options
Did you curse me or something lol woke up this morning and the rash is back so it seemed the guild they gave has failed will be calling up myself now to lodge a complaint
0 Likes
BenBriggs
Journeyman
Options

I replied to this post with my own similar story back in October. I was very optimistic back then after finally getting through to Samsung support - the Galaxy Watch was not a pic back then on their support site but they have since added it. Super nice folks who took my information and photos and then promised to escalate my case to a case manager.

After not hearing anything for a month or so I called back, gave them my support ticket number, reexplained everything, spoke with a support supervisor and got another promise of a quick call back. There was some email varification of my address, a selection of which replacement band I wanted, etc.

Another month goes by (I am a very patient person and I did have a second band to use from my own purchase but this was a matter of principle now).

Long story short (I know, too late), several more calls and promises and months go by and I finally got a call from another super nice guy at Samsung Support who told me my case had finally been resolved. They would not be able to ship me a new band as promised for some vague reason I did not understand but had already shipped me a $40. gift card that I could use on the Samsung web site to buy the band myself. There are only a couple of bands there for the 46mm watch and all but one was $39 or less so that was fine. Then I asked "is this enough to cover shipping too?" Ahh, ahh, ahh he did not know but promised to escalate that question. Since the card had already been shipped, I figured out it was too late anyway and... whatever, time to put this to an end. I just checked the Samsung web site and found there is no shipping charge for a watch strap (in the US anyway) so I am good.

If my gift card arrives as promised, you will not here from me again  🙂

Good luck with all of your cases, it took a lot of persistence but appears that Samsung finally did the right thing. Love their products, love their people, support processes could stand some improvement.

0 Likes