Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 25-12-2018 11:10 AM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
NikkoE
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the recommendation. I bought the Fintie nylon band you linked and it has worked out for me! Not only does it feel softer, but it is lighter in weight and does not "bite" into my skin like the original rubber band. Honestly feels like I'm not wearing the watch and my rashes have slowly started to fade away. I originally got mild reactions to the ring around the HR sensor, but did give the whole watch a isopropyl alcohol wipe and haven't seen any reactions since then.

Given that this was my first smart watch and have always had good quality from all my prior Samsung products, I'm really disappointed that Samsung is not doing anything to address such a health-related issue. I have never had a product cause such reactions to my skin before and it is alarming that this is occurring after several generations of watches. Definitely going to be less likely to buy Samsung products in the future if this kind of issue continues. 

ChrysFitness
Apprentice
Options
I'm glad it helped it's one of the few options that I saw helped. I guess Fintie is going to make some money off Samsung not doing a thing to rectify this.
PVasconcelos
Journeyman
Options

Just a update about my situation.

After sending my watch to local Samsung services in my country, as they requested, and after sending the proof of purchase by mail, I was contacted several times by phone until being told, in the last contact, that my watch had been tested and everything was normal. I asked what tests they did but they didn't disclosed that to me. They just said the watch would be returned to me.

After being told that, I demanded a written answer with the full technical report (as is established by law in my country) and also informed them that I was going to make public my situation, with photos and documents, in every media, social network, youtube, forum and website that talks or writes anything about the Galaxy Watch. I also informed local Samsung services that by being a European Union citizen I was going to make a formal complain to the European Consumer Agency about the health issues caused by their equipment.

Guess what? after a week I was contacted again by local Samsung services telling me that they had received orders by someone high up at Samsung telling them that in my case they should give me a full refund, no questions asked. First time they wanted to send me a voucher that implied I had to spend it in another Samsung equipment. I answered them that they were not the owners of my money and that the refund should be done directly to my bank account.

And that's how my case was closed. I already received my money back and I'll be very suspicious about anything Samsung related from now on.

What I've learned? That bad publicity is the most powerful weapon customers have to make their rights stand against big corporations like Samsung, when they want to dodge their responsibilities.

Use that weapon but use it wisely.

0 Likes
Oremor
First Poster
Options

I am also having those rashes under where the watch sits on my arm.  I used to wear it on my left arm but when I saw the rashes I moved it to the right butrashes were also seen after few days. Now I loved it back to the left side.

0 Likes
Oremor
First Poster
Options

I am also having those rashes under where the watch sits on my arm.  I used to wear it on my left arm but when I saw the rashes I moved it to the right but rashes were also seen after few days. Now I moved it back to the left side20181225_190707.jpg

0 Likes
Nessanovacaine
First Poster
Options

15457995813032902804048156167354.jpg

I've also found myself with a rash on my wrist where my band sits. As well as a small patch where the actual watch part sits a as well.15457997405688793464299311081730.jpg

0 Likes
Adrians2
Student
Options

I have the same. It's because of the little imprint on the inside of the strap. It rubs against your skin and makes it soar.

0 Likes
MarkyFY
Explorer
Options

@Adrians2 wrote:

I have the same. It's because of the little imprint on the inside of the strap. It rubs against your skin and makes it soar.

No it isn’t. People that have been suffering from the rash/burns to their wrists with the silicone strap is caused by some kind of allergic reaction to the silicone strap. 

You may just be suffering from ‘rubbing’ but that isn’t the same as the allergic reaction I and others have been suffering.

The advice to anyone that is suffering from a severe allergic reaction is to contact Samsung support and insist they take your case seriously. Do not be ‘fobbed off’. 

0 Likes
Adrians2
Student
Options

15463741949526089594883810686838.jpg

Mine looks just like the original post one and appears only in that particular spot where the imprint is on the strap. If it was an alergic reaction, shouldn't it appear all over?

0 Likes
MarkyFY
Explorer
Options
That’s an allergic reaction. Yes, it appears where the skin is most in contact with the silicone strap, but the skin should not blister like that just from a watch strap.

My wrist, both sides, was blistering from my strap back in September/October. Samsung gave me a part-refund to cover the cost of a replacement strap. I now have a leather strap and no issues.