Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 19-03-2020 05:12 PM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@Meganbrooke26 wrote:

Im having the exact same problem I thought it was me but I see its not!! 15823385553441381040980483743970.jpg

WOW that looks bad! 😮

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
MatreMD
Student
Options

Watch_rash.jpgSame here, was looking for a picture of a similar rash and came across this post.

This is after over a month of not wearing my watch. Been moisturizing it daily for about 2 weeks, but it does not seem to heal very well.

0 Likes
kparks12
First Poster
Options

15826447230643756846108056227759.jpg

0 Likes
BatmanK
First Poster
Options

Same hereIMG_4334.JPG

0 Likes
mns08
Student
Options
I'm not allergic to nickle as far as I know, however I do have an aluminum Active 2 and I also have a rash where the watch head sits.
0 Likes
mns08
Student
Options

1584637755118900838072519651769.jpg

It's not itchy or anything yet, but it is concerning. I never had rash from another fit watch I wore before this one.

15846378905965131330599073154884.jpg

I have an Active 2 aluminum version watch. I've been wearing it since Valentine's of this year 2020. Rash showed up about a week into wearing it. I occasionally wear it to bed. I wear it almost all day, except when it's charging or when I shower. 

0 Likes
Three
Student
Options

I just started wearing the new Active 2 watch with the same EXACT problem. All sides. 

Not wearing it anymore. The last time I did it the spot under the watch was getting worse. 

0 Likes
Deina
First Poster
Options

Hey, I was baffled this morning when I woke up to a burn mark on my wrist and find this is happening to others too! I'm definitely not allergic to anything as I've been wearing this watch non stop for a year now with no issues. Do you think it's the laser from the heart sensor?20200331_111658.jpg

0 Likes
MatreMD
Student
Options

My doctor said it could be caused by moisture between the watch and my wrist.

I use disposable gloves at work which makes my hands a bit sweaty, and sometimes i also cover my watch. The rash is almost gone now, so i will start wearing it again in a couple of weeks, making sure it stays dry. Hopefully it won't come back. 

0 Likes
kparks12
First Poster
Options

My rash was along the sides, where the band was. What I can tell you is that, after trying to no avail to get a replacement band, or even return the watch, I finally bought a 2-pack of bands on Amazon and haven't had even a hint of a rash, and that was a couple of months ago. I'd recommend trying that. The band's are very affordable, and should solve the problem, although I haven't seen other people with the rash directly under the actual watch face, so the band might not be your problem. Good luck.New bandNew band

0 Likes