Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 11-12-2019 02:57 PM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
Jjb55
Journeyman
Options

We pay enough for these things that a good band should be included.  😡

0 Likes
Nofear
Pathfinder
Options

I dont think the build quality of this phone is much different to a smart watch half the price. 

0 Likes
Jjb55
Journeyman
Options

Really? So far, the only problems I've seen is this band. And that includes the galaxy note (2 different versions) phones and the watch and the ear buds. I really like samsungs products and normally haven't had any issues .

0 Likes
Nofear
Pathfinder
Options

I moved back to Samsung from Huawei after 4 years and the phones don't feel flagship as they used to. The camera used to be forefront, but not so much now. 

0 Likes
KR68
First Poster
Options

How well is the screen protector on the back working?  I asked about doing that they mentioned not sure how warm the back gets when it is on the charger it might melt the protector.  Any issues with that?.  I only have 3 weeks left to find a solution before I lose getting my money back.  

0 Likes
Jjb55
Journeyman
Options

I haven't noticed any problems with the back being hot or damaged in any way... if you have a issue like that I would suggest returning it. It sounds like it's not working properly. 

0 Likes
KR68
First Poster
Options

No I dont have an issue with that.   I got a burn type spot on my wrist under the bottom of the watch like lots of other people.  I was thinking about putting a protector on the back like you said you did but when I asked about that to bestbuy and Samsung they mentioned how warm does it get while on the charger..will it melt the protector or damage it.  So I was asking with that on the back and you charging the watch does it hurt it?

0 Likes
Penrypooch
Apprentice
Options

Wow, can't believe the size of this thread - was thinking it was just me! I've had my watch for over a year, but only in the last couple of weeks did I start to get problems. Pretty quickly narrowed down to the strap so I move the watch down my wrist - rash cleared up. I put the watch back, rash came back - worse this time! I've been wearing it on my other wrist for a couple of days while the normal one heals up, but now this started with the burning rash too. Ordered a stainless steel strap from Amazon - from everything I've read here, that should solve the problems.

20191212_104426.jpg

0 Likes
Nofear
Pathfinder
Options

Cannot believe no word from Samsung on this. 

Dallastx
First Poster
Options

Yeah same hereYeah same here

0 Likes