Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 10-04-2019 01:29 PM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
MrMethodz
Explorer
Options
Yeah, that's random. Mine is definitely from the wristband/watch strap.

Thanks for letting know.
0 Likes
invert
Explorer
Options

It has been 3 months for me rash free. What is interesting that some people develop the rash after months of usage. No idea what caused that still symptoms look mostly the same in all cases... Mine developed in two weeks after I got it. Samsung still hasn't responded yet, I've lost all hope for fair treatment or at least an explanation. 26 pages on forum with various but simmilar symtomps and yet still not a single official samsung comment. To everone who developed it recently after purchase change the rubber band(it's seriously toxic) clean the heart sensor with alcohol and soap (somewhere there was a better suggestion, but I can't remeber it now and alcohol worked for me perfectly) and hope for the best since samsung won't even recognise the issue. 

MrMethodz
Explorer
Options
I didn't know Samsung was soo trash for their aftercare service.
I will try this alcohol technique and I'll wipe the strap/watch once a week and see how it goes and more frequently thereafter if any small changes.
I've never had a watch do this that I can remember and I am not allergic to anything, so it is a mystery as to why this is happening.

Thank you for letting me know and the heads up. I will try the alcohol technique.
BenBriggs
Journeyman
Options

As a quick follow up, Samsung did eventually, after much pestering on my part, do as they had promised and replaced the band... sort of. While they did not seem to have a mechanism to send me a new band, they did send me a $50 Visa gift card, which was enough to allow me to buy my own replacement band on their web site. No rash in many months since I stopped using the latex band that shipped with the watch.

For those who get a rash directly under the watch itself, I have read a number of posts and would guess that this rash is unrelated to the latex strap rash. I hope you find a cure since this is a pretty cool watch and it would be a shame if you could not wear it.

Ad1973
Journeyman
Options

There is something in the original rubber bands. Samsung should own up and do a free replacement with something more skin friendly

ankkax
First Poster
Options

Same here I have burning rash on left hand, where I  wear gear sport! It even hurts with warm water. Using default strap.

rash.jpg

0 Likes
hardouzy
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same rash. Developed on the left wrist, didnt know it's related to the watch, the skin was very bad and irritated. Swapped hands and now it is the same on the right one too.... only then I was adamant it's the watch, hence why I googled it to be surprised so many many reported the same thing.

I also see that Samsung doesn't care much, if they don't respond to our query then I'll involve social media and definitely some press too! The Sun actually pays out for these stories.... but lets hope we won't need to get down this route

0 Likes
Kljmoss
First Poster
Options

Been wearing Samsung watch for a couple of months now a really itch rash has appeared.

Any ideas what I can do.

15548992285333285769478643032736.jpg

0 Likes
Leanne88
Apprentice
Options

Mine rubs where the writing is inside the strap, where its raised its rubbing away my skin 😔. It only started when I started going to the gym which is why I bought the watch

0 Likes
MrMethodz
Explorer
Options
I agree. I felt the rash was going away but it is actually getting worse.
I still haven't had a response from Samsung.
I have a horrible looking dark mark on my skin .
0 Likes