Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 17-03-2019 09:32 AM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
Peted83
Student
Options

I've got the exact same sort of rash but I've had my watch since release day and nothing up until recently. I thought it might be an allergic reaction to the strap now that it's worn away the top layer slightly.

I've always worn a watch on the same wrist and I've had other watches with rubber bands but not had this problem before. 

Bongoz
Apprentice
Options

I reached out to Samsung after sending pictures model # where I purchased the watch my address and phone number..then never heard back....I ended up buying a different band from Amazon..I'll get it tomorrow (thought Samsung would offer a different brand but it's all about sales with them I guess...

0 Likes
TheViking
First Poster
Options

Considering Samsung can't have the minimum decency and respect to respond to these concerns, perhaps we should all be thinking about a class action lawsuit against them for the apparent health concerns that users are experiencing despite the high price of this device.  Any lawyers here to help get us started?

Attached is a photo of my rash and quite frankly, the picture doesn't do it justice.  Any rash I get can last upwards towards a week if not a bit longer and I've had a bit of bleeding come from the rash site the first time I experienced it.  

Given this past year I've encountered a rash from a Samsung watch and had a dreadful experience with customer service regarding being charged the incorrect price for a Samsung phone, I'm ready to drop Samsung as a company. 

20190310_123621.jpg

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

I also have the same issue to be honest, perhaps I put it too tight around my wrist (Testing that now). I also adjust the watch from one hand to my other (Other than that I'm still really happy with the watch!)

I don't consider my skin as "sensitive" or anything like that :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Bongoz
Apprentice
Options
My rash is pretty much gone...started wearing the watch again..Can't get use to wearing it on my other hand...should be getting my new band today Olytop
4.2 out of 5 stars 107 Reviews
Olytop for Gear S3 Frontier/Classic & Galaxy Watch 46mm Bands 22mm Quick Release Premium Nylon with Leather Sports Strap Wrist Band with Metal Buckle for Samsung Gear S3 Smart Watch -Army Green....Amazon
0 Likes
AlisaDM
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem and I've NEVER used the strap that came with it. It was a Christmas gift I didn't receive 'til January, but I knew it was coming so I bought a silver mesh magnetic band. I've gone back to my Fitbit Charge 2 with the same mesh magnetic band from the same vendor. I also only took it off to shower and because of my job (cruise ship performer) I can't wear it while I work because of the costumes.  During shows, I take it off the band and put it in my bra. I also don't work out excessively. So to see this rash suddenly appearing on my wrist a week or so ago has been alarming. I'm hoping I can exchange it and maybe go back to Fitbit (Versa this time) since I'm supposed to have the Best Buy extended warranty.

0 Likes
Johnasee
Journeyman
Options

My rash is right where the watch sits, it started as what looked like a needle prick and then spread from there, wish I would've known of this issue before I bought this thing.

0 Likes
Petero1
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. I could use your photo as mine.

I never had problems of this kind in my life.  but as soon as started to use my Galaxy (46mm) watch it started. Is it possible to get some other wrist-ban i lether or steel?.

Peter

MikeBuck
First Poster
Options

I thought I'd fixed it with alcohol wipes, but after a couple of weeks it returned, so I bought this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077FX23JH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And these to go over the heart rate monitor, they fit perfectly,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clear-Transparent-Round-Stickers-Strong-Self-Adhesive-Labels-Circle-Stick...

I'm really impressed with the quality of the strap, so far no problems, my wrists are clear after a week.

0 Likes
LauraF76
First Poster
Options

Hi, I also had the same thing.  Skin was shiny like it has been burned.  A few days after the skin started to peel.  

I went onto Amazon and bought a metallic watch strap for £7.99 and it has been fine ever since.

0 Likes