Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch notifications not working

(Topic created on: 17-03-2019 11:23 PM)
Nige1
Explorer
Options

My galaxy watch was working a treat however It has suddenly stopped notifying me about text messages, I've just upgraded to the S10+ and it briefly worked okay but now it's missing messages or they come through 10 minutes later or not at all, dumped the watch cache and it worked briefly again,  hard reset worked briefly but then resorts back to missing or late notifications.  What is going on? clearly there is some serious update needed.

19 REPLIES 19
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Try factory resetting the Galaxy Watch and removing the wearable app from your phone before setting it up again, this should work.

Alternatively the Do Not Disturb mode might be on (Check this first 😛 )
Nige1
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Tried your recommendations and it worked this morning but I've just had notification of an email through on my watch and on checking my phone,  30mins previously I'd had a text but no notification on the watch.

Mekerz
Explorer
Options

I am also having a similar issue where I'm not receiving notifications anymore. Notifications were working perfectly for me up until a couple of weeks ago.

I've tried everything, resetting the watch, uninstalling all the wearable related apps of my phone and ensuring the correct wearable apps have access to notifications and aren't being battery optimised.

In a last desperate attempt, I tried turning off 'Do Not Disturb Mode' on my phone (not the Watch, but the phone itself) and suddenly I'm now alerted to text messages and WhatsApp messages. The strange thing about this is I've had my phone on DND mode for YEARS and the Galaxy Watch was definitely still giving me notifications a few weeks ago with DND switched on.

I don't know who (Samsung, or Google) broke this from working. Something must have happened to change the behavior - either a Galaxy Wearable app/plugin update or an Android monthly security update.

All I know is I might as well return this watch because I'm not prepared to wait for basic functionality to work. I know full well if I contact Samsung support, I'll be given the standard response about resetting the watch (which I've already tried) and perhaps resetting the phone. 

Nige1
Explorer
Options
Hi,
I am regularly deleting the cache on the watch through the app on the phone and it's not been a problem since.
RadoRado
Apprentice
Options

Got the same problem nowadays. 

Everything worked as a charm, but I had to unfortunately hard reset my phone and install all from scratch. As I installed Wearable app, it for some reason reseted also the watch during pairing (which might updated the FW as well).

Since then my watch dont show notification when phone is on do not disturb... 

However what might be help for you - in wearable app there is one setting group related to syncing "sync phone settings" . One of the settings is to to "sync dnd between watch and phone".  I believe that this should be exactly he setting causing problems, however it did not for work me 😕

I would be very glad if Samsung fix this back to previous state, otherwise the galaxy watch is no go for me 

Lino1966
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I have just fixed my non email notification problem by opening the Galaxy Wearable App on your phone, goto Sync Phone Settings and unchecking the Sync Do Not disturb function.

It fixed my problem. This has been mentioned by RadoRado. Thanking you.

Lopz00
Student
Options

I also have the same problem. Got today a new samsung galaxy watch 46mm. Its new but the it dont recieve any notification and also no contact icon in the menu. I do all what many did but not working or recieving at all. Need help here samsung or anyone there that they fixed the same problem. Thanks

Lopz00
Student
Options
Where to find the called cache in the watch?
Cacafonso
First Poster
Options

I had the same problems as many others here, I am not an expert on these issues, but my solution solved the problem. This happened after I installed my Samsung Account, particularly the Samsung Pay in order to get applications. So, I uninstalled it and everything started working perfectly. I guess the problem is/was that when you install Samsung Pay you have to define a method to unlock the feature, namely by using a dot pattern. My guess is that Samsung Pay prevents access to notifications because you need to unlock the watch by using the pattern you defined. In short, uninstall Samsung Pay and it should work, as it did for me...