Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch not counting all steps and floor count not working

(Topic created on: 02-01-2020 07:30 AM)
dawnyanne
Journeyman
Options

I cannot believe Samsung still havent sorted the inaccurate step count and floor count!  I messaged them and they said no new update was due! They acted like i was the only one who had this problem. Love the watch but just not fit for purpose when they are quite blatantly ignoring this issue. Come on Samsung sort this out!

22 REPLIES 22
dawnyanne
Journeyman
Options

at work there are 4 flights of stairs and the count works there but not at home 

0 Likes
John_Leme
Student
Options

I had until last week updated the exact same issue. At end of the day always around 2000 steps different from the cellphone step counting, and no floor counting at all. After the update guess what? Now the watch is counting steps on its own! I woke up today and the watch was already with 2250 steps! Yesterday I got an alert of exercise in the watch like I was doing some running, but I was working sitting in front of a computer... Samsung does what's? Nothing... 

dawnyanne
Journeyman
Options

hi 

he he! Its ridiculous isnt it! But hey did you see the announcement that they are releasing a new UI for all of the Samsung watched with much improved functionality apparently! Although they have said it will take a while to roll out but hopefully not too long! Lets see if that makes any difference at all. I will let you know if I get an update. 

Customer1
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue! 0 floors when it should be at least 15.

Stevenwb11
Journeyman
Options

Remember, get to the top of the stairs and raise an arm above your head. You will look stupid, but it will register a floor. I'm surprised Samsung haven't included this advice in their instructions as they have no intention of fixing this age old problem.

dude_adm
Journeyman
Options

Experiencing the same problem. I'm guessing its got something to do with the last update which happen to be around the same time the new watches came out.

Coincident? I think not. 

46mm owner.

DaveTe
First Poster
Options

The issue is that Samsung thinks a flight of stairs is 10FT, in the US the standard flight of stairs in a home is 8FT, seems like it could be an easy fit, let us customize stair height, like you already let us customize stride length... probably one line of new code needs to be written

GameOn11
First Poster
Options

Same issue with not only Active 2, but also when I have my phone in my hand. Seems to be an app issue and not necessarily a watch issue.  Raising my hand a the top of the stairs does seem to work, but agree it's crazy there isn't a fix for this.

Stevenwb11
Journeyman
Options

@GameOn11 wrote:

Same issue with not only Active 2, but also when I have my phone in my hand. Seems to be an app issue and not necessarily a watch issue.  Raising my hand a the top of the stairs does seem to work, but agree it's crazy there isn't a fix for this.

So disappointing to read that Samsung have not addressed the floor level issue in their latest Watch, the Active 2.

It has nothing to do with the App, Samsung state that the floor level is set at 3.0m when most domestic floors are 2.8 in the UK and USA.

Next watch won't be a Samsung, not that I'm over worried about the floor count personally. It's the fact they don't listen to their customers that annoys me.

dawnyanne
Journeyman
Options

agree completely with you! I even tried twitter but no help at all and said exactly the same about the stair height of 2.8m and 3m - even suggested they change the program to say if country = UK then stair height 2.8m else 3m :smiling-face: but they just ignored that. Such a shame beautiful watch apart from that but very dissappointing that Samsung dont seem to care 

0 Likes