Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy watch not connecting to mobile data

(Topic created on: 04-09-2019 02:08 PM)
apshep
Explorer
Options

This seems to be a well known issue and I'm surprised there is no thread here, anyway most 4G EE Galaxy Watches seem to be affected by a software fault which has stopped them connecting to the EE network. I've tried resets, software updates etc, spoken to EE tech support level 1 and 2 and the conclusion is that the last software update by Samsung caused the problem and there is currently no fix.

I've only had the watch 7 days and I'm very disappointed! Thought I'd purchased a 4g/LTE watch and have paid for that but all I have is a watch that can only function with the Bluetooth connection.

EE thread can be seen here https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Other-phones-gadgets-tablets-and/4g-Galaxy-Watch-Issues/m-p/744059#M14...

10 REPLIES 10
BrinaLowe
First Poster
Options

I am also facing similar issues after latest update. Need help ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

Brian.

0 Likes
apshep
Explorer
Options

Adding to my word of lack of 4G/LTE.... I've just noticed that if Sound is turned on for notifications/ringtone there is no vibrate and it doesn't always 'sound'. I'm guessing that if notifications on the phone (S9+) are set for the particular app to ''no sound't that the watch will mirror it. But I'm surprised it doesn't vibrate with the sound turned on. Not sure if this is a 'feature' or a fault

0 Likes
Solution
apshep
Explorer
Options

Got a call from EE tech support a couple of days ago; they reset something at their end (I suspect reissued the eSIM) and five minutes later I was connected via 4G. After a couple of days use varying between 4G and Bluetooth all seems good

Cougar2
First Poster
Options

Hi, Im having the same problem. 

0 Likes
Kathmads
First Poster
Options

Hi.

I have also purchased new watch and it is unable to connect to network.

I have contacted Telstra multiple times 

How did you get your issue resolved?? 

Who did you contact??

Please help!!! 

0 Likes
Loito137
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am having the same issue

0 Likes
Nino241
First Poster
Options

SOOO after 5 months of wearing this expensive bluetooth watch ,," MAn I Was So ANGry!" it appears now that it is working. For soem reason it seems like there was something wrong with the way my acct was set up !  SMH,,I had so many eyes looking over my acct and asking the same questions and still no results,,,, I was about to leave a horrible review with samsung becasue i strongly believe that they should be more involved when troubleshooting such issues and try the product first!!! before rolling it out,,,,Anyways for those that are having issues connecting the watch to your phone network,,Just make sure you have a data plan,,And try to get a competent tech!! I am a tech myself and its horrible how limited some of these techs are when it coems to solving your problem...SO so far its workinfg and I can leave my phone at home and it would automatically swith to the 4glte mode and mirror my phone when away...

leesykes
First Poster
Options

How hard is it to write the word account *****

@Nino241 wrote:

SOOO after 5 months of wearing this expensive bluetooth watch ,," MAn I Was So ANGry!" it appears now that it is working. For soem reason it seems like there was something wrong with the way my acct was set up !  SMH,,I had so many eyes looking over my acct and asking the same questions and still no results,,,, I was about to leave a horrible review with samsung becasue i strongly believe that they should be more involved when troubleshooting such issues and try the product first!!! before rolling it out,,,,Anyways for those that are having issues connecting the watch to your phone network,,Just make sure you have a data plan,,And try to get a competent tech!! I am a tech myself and its horrible how limited some of these techs are when it coems to solving your problem...SO so far its workinfg and I can leave my phone at home and it would automatically swith to the 4glte mode and mirror my phone when away...

0 Likes
Azizullah
First Poster
Options

I got a Galaxy Watch 2 as a gift two days ago, i paired with with Huawei Mate 20 Pro, but after some hours disconnect from Data and couldn't reconnect it again unless to restart the Watch, but again and again its disconnecting.
Its really annoying and the experience to use Samsung product is one the worst ever i have had.

0 Likes