Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy watch - no timer app after reset and not available in app store

(Topic created on: 09-03-2019 08:29 AM)
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

I got an S10+ yesterday so paired my watch to it,  which did some funky reset magic and now it's all paired up and working.  However,  there is no longer a timer app on the watch. The timer app is also not available on the app store.

Timers are kinda a fundamental feature for a watch for most people,  myself included.  Please could someone from Samsung look into this as it's really annoying. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
burg9
Journeyman
Options
Just checked this morning out of curiosity and the Samsung Timer is back on the watch store! No noticeable changes but it's back at least....

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
burg9
Journeyman
Options

Can also confirm the same with my S10 and 42mm Galaxy Watch. Was fine when paired to my S8.

Oddly no timer app on the Galaxy Store "watch" section on the phone or on the watch store itself. Even weirder is if I go on my S8 I can see the timer under the watch section.... Not sure what's going on here but it's a pretty fundamental app so please hurry Samsung! 

Electr0
Explorer
Options

There is a huge thread about it on the US Samsung Community:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Timer-app/m-p/474014

So far, no fix... 

0 Likes
burg9
Journeyman
Options

Ah thanks, although not sure I'd class 8 replies as "huge|"! Funnily enough the Samsung chat agent earlier said they weren't aware of it.... -_-

0 Likes
Electr0
Explorer
Options

Well last post links to about 6 other thread all about the same topic. 

Hopefully Samsung is able to fix this soon. It appears to be a global issue. 

The Watch Spotify app is also missing from the store for anyone with a S10 or S10+.

Samsung seem to be restricting Galaxy Store content depending on the device accessing the store. 

I was able to access both on my S7. Moment later as soon as I  switched my watch to be paired to my new S10+ they were gone from the Galaxy Store. 

0 Likes
burg9
Journeyman
Options
I was lucky with Spotify, I also wasn't able to find it but since I had downloaded it previously it was available in the MyApps section on the phones galaxy store so I was able to re-download it. Oddly no Timer in there though....
0 Likes
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

Ah I didn't search the US forums as well. Wow, this has been a problem for a while then.. it really should have been fixed by now. I can't imagine it's that hard to fix and it's clearly a widespread issue, hopefully they sort it soon.

0 Likes
Solution
burg9
Journeyman
Options
Just checked this morning out of curiosity and the Samsung Timer is back on the watch store! No noticeable changes but it's back at least....
0 Likes
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

Thanks, I didn't think to check again this morning. Can confirm that it's back for me too!