Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch is not able to connect WiFi when Bluetooth is off

(Topic created on: 30-12-2018 07:14 PM)
Surendra
First Poster
Options

Hi team,

I have purchased galaxy watch. When I disconnect the Bluetooth in my phone, watch is not able to connect WiFi automatically or manually even enter the password.

The same WiFi network able to connect from my phone.

Enabled the sync profiles and remote connection options in wearable app.

Another issue is, Bluetooth is disconnecting frequently from my galaxy watch. It is irritating . Some times I need to press connect button from wearable app. 

My watch model number - sm r800

S/N - R5AKC060X6W

Is this a bug which can be fixed or galaxy watch issue (If yes, I will return) ?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Surendra

That's not good in that the watch won't keep a stable Bluetooth connection with your phone !

May I ask a few questions please...

1. Which model of phone are you connecting to it via bluetooth.

2. Does your phone connect to other bluetooth devices Ok.

3. Are there any pending updates for your phone and watch that need accepting.

Troubleshooting tips.

Try deleting the pairing and then reset back up.

Clear the cache in your Bluetooth App via.....

Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 little dots in the top Rh Corner of your phone screen if Bluetooth does not show and choose 'Show System Apps > Choose Bluetooth > Storage  > Clear Cache and Data.

As a very last resort Try backing up the watch and reset the watch via it's internal settings.

A Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic on the watch but if this was me and I was still within the cooling off return period I would do so and take a brand new replacement.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Celf
Navigator
Options

Surendra, what phone are you using? I have an iPhone and the exact same BT problems. My watch is absolutely useless for notifications. Wifi does kick in when a BT connection is lost (and that's most of the time) however on wifi only the weather gets refreshed....nothing else. Because BT connection is lost most of the day Wifi drans the battery very fast. Mailed Samsung about it, send them logfiles but up until today no response.

I've done several soft- and hard resets !! but it didn't get any better. I would say return the watch!!!

btw...the latest update absolutely didn't solve the BT and WIfi problem.

0 Likes
Surendra
First Poster
Options
Hi, after all tries, still the problem is not resolved. I have returned the watch and claimed for new one. It will arrive in 1 week.
Thanks for the solution :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Surendra
First Poster
Options
Hi Celf, mine is Android phone. I have returned the watch Today.
0 Likes