Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch heart rate monitor and alto not working

(Topic created on: 11-04-2019 03:07 PM)
Stu12
Apprentice
Options

As per the title, my watch was working fine but just today the heart rate monitor has gone haywire. The laser for reading the heart rate is flashing continuously after trying to take a reading and the watch says it couldn't measure my hr even though the display looks like it's taking readings.

I've tried reseting the watch, same thing and turning off and on again doesn't work. Seen others on the boards having similar problems, should I return the watch? Still no word on my duo charger being delivered either.

15 REPLIES 15
PQ23
Apprentice
Options

Gareth:

Good to know (and happy for you :-).

So a factory reset + make sure of latest firmware is in fact worth a try for anyone still having this problem. If that doesn't help, no point in fiddling around with anything other than a replacement device (if you can get one) IMHO.

And as you say, don't wait for anything useful from Samsung technical support!

PQ

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Had mine in service, replaced the motherboard and doing the same

Stop reading for 20-30 minutes and keep trying to measure then start working back.

Disappointed

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options
Heard that the latest update fixed HR issues, can someone confirm?
0 Likes
jvenge
First Poster
Options

Hmm.

I've had the Galaxy Watch since September 2018 or so and after an initial day of teething problems, it has been mostly fine. Once a month I needed to turn the auto heart rate off, measure manually, then turn back on. It was so infrequent that it wasn't a problem.

However, the past few weeks it has been hopeless. It might work for 40 minutes or so, and then stops recording anything. No green lights flashing, so it isn't even trying. Worse still, the old trick of manually measuring fails to measure anything (although I do see a steady measurement, it fails). Rebooting the device seems to allow a manually measurement one in 5 times or so, and I can then put back to auto for 40 minutes or so.

I tried checking the various permissions to ensure the sensor and storage is allowed to be used by related apps. I turned power save off. Nada still. 

It also appears to be taking longer to charge and the battery life is draining quickly. This is being drained by the Samsung Health application. Assuming it charges slowly because that app is draining it during charge too.

I'm close to just putting it in the bin.

0 Likes
metalika
First Poster
Options

I have tried every solution I have found online to no avail.

After a month of playing around with my watch, I stumbled upon a solution that worked for me:

Open 'Galaxy Wearable' app on your phone. Go to 'Apps', then 'Manage Apps'

Find 'Samsung health' in the list and open it. Press 'Force stop' on the bottom right corner of the screen.

Open 'Samsung health' app on your watch and now it should work.

It is possible, that something else is required and I did it prior to this, when fiddling around with the watch. Like for instance, I had manual measurement enabled before doing this and when I did the lasts step, I turned on automatic measurement and it started working, before I tried a manual measurement.

Hope that work for you as well.

Ken1981
First Poster
Options

Bad sensor just had mine warrantied by Samsung also drained my battery like crazy 

0 Likes