Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy watch & whatsapp

(Topic created on: 12-03-2019 08:22 AM)
Whatsapp1
Explorer
Options

Hi I got my new rose gold samsung watch yesterday and cannot seem to get my WhatsApp notifications or messages on it. I cant find any information on it on the internet or if there is a 3rd party to use. Can you help please.

183 REPLIES 183
JoWild
First Poster
Options

I'm still having the same problem and I'm going crazy wasting time. Please let me k ow if anyone has a solution. Tried the update route but still no notifications. 🙄🤨

0 Likes
Siâny
Journeyman
Options
Go into the galaxy wearable app on phone, go into settings and scroll down to galaxy apps and there were updates needed to be done, done those and it's worked since. I now have messenger, snapchat, SMS and WhatsApp notifications 😁 hope it works for you too, let me know. Then go into notifications and where you have 2 icons for Facebook, snapchat etc, only select notifications to be in the watch. Or else you will have double notifications on your mobile
0 Likes
JoWild
First Poster
Options

I'm still having the same problem and I'm going crazy wasting time. Please let me k ow if anyone has a solution. Tried the update route but still no notifications. 🙄🤨

0 Likes
Ladybeyza
First Poster
Options

I was having the same issues. Go to your phone settings. Go to all apps and turn on whatsapp. 

Thebear
First Poster
Options

I had a similar problem. I did get notifications from Gmail and text messages but not from whatsapp and some others.

but when i swith on the setting "Show while phone is in use" (or something like that) all notifications work.

0 Likes
mcesie
First Poster
Options
you can get whatsapp Notification, but not whatsapp call, i am trying all method but still cant get it to worked, im running S8 with Pie atm.
0 Likes
Sk02
First Poster
Options

Hey! I encountered the same problem with my galaxy watch 42 mm. I bought in December and started using ir with my galaxy s7 and then with a galaxy s9+. From the beginning was able to receive message notifications from WhatsApp on the watch and reply (not starting conversations nor watching pictures/stickers/gifs like other comments mentioned). But, a few days ago the notifications stopped. I did not change any settings nor updated apps prior to this happening. I tried everything, reset the watch, restart the phone, updating every app and double checking the notifications for WhatsApp on the wearable app were turned on but nothing worked.... until, I turned on the "show while using phone" on the notifications settings in the wearable app. Voilà! Back to normal. Hope this helps. 

Novelia
Student
Options

I couldn't receive any message notifications from whatsapp on my galaxy watch even if i on and off it from the galaxy wearable app..

But i played with my phone (note 😎 looking for solutions..i finally unlocked it..

Go to SETTINGS 

Go to App Notification

Look for whatsapp and TURN IT ON..

Hope this could be of any help..

0 Likes
LarsKorsgaard
First Poster
Options

What phone do you have connected with the watch. 

0 Likes
Novelia
Student
Options

Hi..try the notification apps in your phone..

Go to settings (of you phone NOT THE SETTINGS OF THE WEARABLE APP ON YOUR PHONE) and see if the notification for whatsapp is on..

I had the same problem but when i tried everything and failed, i thought the the problem could be in my phone settings for whatsapp..and thats when i saw that the notif for whatsapp od off.

Then it worked..

0 Likes